Re purposing Components For New Gaming Pc

simmer4726

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
Hey, I've had a Dell pc for years now and been noticing it has really been hit hard by the times graphics wise. The idea is to reuse any parts possible to build a new computer that can play games decently at maybe normal settings? I.e. Battlefeild 3 type intensity. The PC i currently have is:

Dell XPS 8300
I7 2600 Cpu
1024mb AMD Radeon HD 6700 Gpu
Dell 0Y2MRG Motherboard
Windows 7 64bit

If anyone could help me out with an aesthetically pleasing build for under 1500 that would be fantastic.

LandonWho

Reputable
May 17, 2014
The Processor isn't horrible if you are looking to reuse parts.

I would get a new motherboard, GPU and RAM though. But with a 1500(dollar I assume) budget you could get a fairly powerful PC. My current one would be about that price buying everything today but through sales and patience I saved about $400 on it.

If you want to just browse through builds within your budget a good place to stop is https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/#X=0,148659

There is a selection of completed builds that are all under $1500. Since you have a computer now I assume you are not looking for a Keyboard, Mouse and Screen so some may be even cheaper should you choose not to buy those.

simmer4726

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014
Could you suggest a certain power supply and card for this unit then? I was told by Dell that the case itself only supports slim cards space wise. I'm fairly new to this so any infomation would be great.