[SOLVED] RE: SSD upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanwp35

Honorable
Jun 7, 2018
Hi I have a kogan atlas go s300 with a m.2 slot and am looking to upgrade the storage as it only comes with 32gb emmc.

these are my specs

• Display: 13.3” Full HD 1920 x 1080
  • Processor: 1.1GHz / 2.4Ghz N4100 Quad-core
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Installed storage: 32GB eMMC
  • Expandable storage:
    • SSD: M.2 2242, B key
    • SD: microSD(HC/XC) up to 128 GB
  • M.2 Specification
  • Most Atlas devices support lengths 2242, 2260 and 2280, however, you should refer to the manual for your specific revision for confirmation
  • B-key or M+B Key
  • Maximum size of 512GB
  • SATA Interface (Not NVMe)
my question is which ssd would i need as it says sata NOT Nvme??

im assuming it would be a 2242 m.2 sata ? are all m,2 2242's keyed the same?

M confused

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
M.2 drives are keyed to their capabilities. B+M, the most common M.2 SATA type, means SATA, but also means it will work in most M.2 slots as they will switch to SATA mode.

M only means NVMe only.

Quite limited on choice with 2242 length though, Transcend MTS400 series.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
M.2 drives are keyed to their capabilities. B+M, the most common M.2 SATA type, means SATA, but also means it will work in most M.2 slots as they will switch to SATA mode.

M only means NVMe only.

Reactions: seanwp35
Solution

seanwp35

Honorable
Jun 7, 2018

M only means NVMe only.

this is the one i purchased will this suffice? many thanks

The specs claim that it can support larger M.2 SSDs. You should take apart the laptop to make sure what M.2 sizes it supports. To figure this out, note that M.2 sizes are measured in width x length in millimeters. So a 2240 is a 22mm x 40 mm sized stick. Measure from the start of the slot to each of the holes and this will tell you what compatibility the device has. Though if the board layout planner was nice, they may have silkscreened the sizes on the board itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.