[SOLVED] Re-using Laptop Hard Drive

jcgc50

Prominent
May 16, 2020
So I knocked over a beer on my keyboard and after drying the keyboard doesn’t function properly. This came out of an older Dell laptop that began with Win 8.1 and is currently running the latest version of Win 10. The good thing is I’ve been wanting to get rid of that laptop for a while now. One hinge failed years ago but it still opens and closes fine so I kept using it.

How can I access the HD and it’s contents from another laptop? I do have an external USB shell although I don’t know if that helps.

Solution
So I knocked over a beer on my keyboard and after drying the keyboard doesn’t function properly. This came out of an older Dell laptop that began with Win 8.1 and is currently running the latest version of Win 10. The good thing is I’ve been wanting to get rid of that laptop for a while now. One hinge failed years ago but it still opens and closes fine so I kept using it.

How can I access the HD and it’s contents from another laptop? I do have an external USB shell although I don’t know if that helps.
Plug it in to your USB thing. It should appear as just another drive letter.
You can't use the OS or applications on it, but you should be able to access your personal files.

USAFRet

Titan

Plug it in to your USB thing. It should appear as just another drive letter.
You can't use the OS or applications on it, but you should be able to access your personal files.

Reactions: jcgc50
Solution

TRENDING THREADS