Re-wired gaming PC to find preformance has dropped massively

SamBruffell

Reputable
Jun 13, 2016
Recently i have just finished re wiring my gaming pc as i got a new case and psu. The psu is a corsair hx1000i and the case is a coolermaster haf x. No problems with heat or power. I have a build in R7 graphics with the cpu and motherboard and then an addtional 4GB R9 380x gpu with that. Now before i re wired my pc it could run fallout 4 and a solid 30 fps and games like life is strange at 60 fps, and now when i turn my pc on after j have re wired to play fallout and life is strange i see that fallout 4 refused to play and the menu on life is strange runs at around 10 to 15 fps. I have the latest display drivers for my gpu so i am struggling to see what the problem is. I though at first the r9 card may not be working but i see the fans spinning on it which indicates that it is. So im really confused on why the preformance has dropped so dramatically since re wiring my pc. Any help would greatly appreciated!

Solution
1| With threads of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs inclusive of your OS and since you've performed an upgrade to include the old and new components.
2| Were the PSU and Case bought off second hand or brand new?
3| Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date?
4| The iGPU will be disabled when you have a discrete GPU populating the PCI-E x16 slot.
5| Have you tried reinstalling your graphics card drivers using this guide?
6| You seem to be hinting at the fact that you are running off an FM2+ platform, have you made sure you have the latest chipset drivers?

Lutfij

Titan
1| With threads of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs inclusive of your OS and since you've performed an upgrade to include the old and new components.
2| Were the PSU and Case bought off second hand or brand new?
3| Have you made sure your BIOS is up to date?
4| The iGPU will be disabled when you have a discrete GPU populating the PCI-E x16 slot.
5| Have you tried reinstalling your graphics card drivers using this guide?
6| You seem to be hinting at the fact that you are running off an FM2+ platform, have you made sure you have the latest chipset drivers?

Solution