[SOLVED] Read/Write speeds on Dell NVMEs?

SuicuneSol

Honorable
Jul 5, 2014
Hello,

I ordered a Dell G5 Gaming Desktop. The drive I chose was a 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive. However, I can't for the life of me find the read/write speeds of this drive. Does anyone, maybe someone familiar with Dell prebuilts, know them?

The item number of the drive in question is 400-BJKF. I'd like to know so that, if this drive turns out to be total garbo, I can buy another SSD and install that when the PC arrives.

Solution
The big boys will often source those drives from multiple vendors, even in the same model. You can usually go into device manager and look at the details and figure out what the drive is. Sometimes the driver section on Dells software update section for you computer model will list out generic drive info if there are firmware updates listed for it if you are trying to figure it out beforehand. This is especially true when multiple vendors are used. Except for advertised components like discrete graphics and CPUs OEM internal components are rarely high end (which is why boutique builders exist because you can pick). In the case of the model listed I would expect something low-mid tier for an M.2 drive.

jasonf2

Distinguished
The big boys will often source those drives from multiple vendors, even in the same model. You can usually go into device manager and look at the details and figure out what the drive is. Sometimes the driver section on Dells software update section for you computer model will list out generic drive info if there are firmware updates listed for it if you are trying to figure it out beforehand. This is especially true when multiple vendors are used. Except for advertised components like discrete graphics and CPUs OEM internal components are rarely high end (which is why boutique builders exist because you can pick). In the case of the model listed I would expect something low-mid tier for an M.2 drive.

Solution