[SOLVED] Ready made computer from a store vs custom computer

marklcfc

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
Maybe a stupid question but can ready made computers be upgraded etc in the future the same way just like custom computers have been?

I've always had a computer built by my dad, but he isn't able to upgrade it now. I find the whole process a bit scary, going back years when I attempted a ram upgrade and somehow broke my motherboard through pressing too hard. But also my computer has 10 year+ old equipment inside it and would require alot of upgrades now since its so slow. I think I'd be better off just buying something brand new and then upgrading it in the future should I need to.

Solution
Maybe.
Pre build pc's will come with a power supply that is capable of running the parts originally installed.
Upgrades to graphics cards may not be possible without also upgrading the original psu.
Pre built may also come with a dumbed down bios that may preclude some upgrades.
Monitor upgrades will be easy.

If you think you are a bit fumble fingered as to installing parts, you could order your own selection of parts and have a local shop do the assembly for you.
Maybe.
Pre build pc's will come with a power supply that is capable of running the parts originally installed.
Upgrades to graphics cards may not be possible without also upgrading the original psu.
Pre built may also come with a dumbed down bios that may preclude some upgrades.
Monitor upgrades will be easy.

If you think you are a bit fumble fingered as to installing parts, you could order your own selection of parts and have a local shop do the assembly for you.

Solution