Can someone tell me how I can reload SP1? I removed it
when I had problems loading SP2 and I am ready to throw
the towel. What OS you recommend that replaces WindowsXP?
Thank you for any help.
Carlos

Create a slipstreamed version of Windows XP w/SP2,
then perform a "clean install".

Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
(integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:

Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

Information on AutoStreamer 1.0
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=188337&st=0&#entry245

Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

Clean Install Windows XP

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Carlos" wrote:

| Can someone tell me how I can reload SP1? I removed it
| when I had problems loading SP2 and I am ready to throw
| the towel. What OS you recommend that replaces WindowsXP?
| Thank you for any help.
| Carlos

Jerry

Carey,

Did you read the posting? He wants SP1, not some form of SP2.

Please read everything before you jump in and make a fool of yourself - as
you done many a time in these newsgroups when you anwer a question that was
not asked.

> Create a slipstreamed version of Windows XP w/SP2,
> then perform a "clean install".
>
> Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
> (integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:
>
> Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
> http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49
>
> Information on AutoStreamer 1.0
> http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=188337&st=0&#entry245
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
>
> Clean Install Windows XP
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> | Can someone tell me how I can reload SP1? I removed it
> | when I had problems loading SP2 and I am ready to throw
> | the towel. What OS you recommend that replaces WindowsXP?
> | Thank you for any help.
> | Carlos

peter

You'd have to use your original installation CD to format the drive and
reinstall XP. Or, use system restore to go back? But as far as other OS,
you are in the wrong groups.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"CAT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me how I can reload SP1? I removed it
> when I had problems loading SP2 and I am ready to throw
> the towel. What OS you recommend that replaces WindowsXP?
> Thank you for any help.
> Carlos

The release of SP2 rendered SP1 virtually obsolete.
It is best to install the latest Service Pack, which is SP2,
a very secure and solid product.

Top 10 Reasons to Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/topten.mspx

List of fixes included in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811113&Product=windowsxpsp2

Learn About Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/preinstall.mspx

What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Jerry" wrote:

| Carey,
|
| Did you read the posting? He wants SP1, not some form of SP2.
|
| Please read everything before you jump in and make a fool of yourself - as
| you done many a time in these newsgroups when you anwer a question that was
| not asked.

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002

Carey,
You have giving me something to work with and I will
follow your advice.
Thanks,
Carlos

aspx

---------------------

> "Carlos" wrote:
>
>| Can someone tell me how I can reload SP1? I removed it
>| when I had problems loading SP2 and I am ready to
throw
>| the towel. What OS you recommend that replaces
WindowsXP?
>| Thank you for any help.
>| Carlos
>.

Carey,

My post just below is, I know, simply one of many similar complaints about
SP2.

Secure? Well maybe.

Solid? Like a lump of what exactly?

Roll-on patch/patches.

Five url's justifying SP2, against how many complaints?

Your endorsement beggars belief.

PP

> The release of SP2 rendered SP1 virtually obsolete.
> It is best to install the latest Service Pack, which is SP2,
> a very secure and solid product.
>
> Top 10 Reasons to Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/topten.mspx
>
> List of fixes included in Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811113&Product=windowsxpsp2
>
> Learn About Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/preinstall.mspx
>
> What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Jerry" wrote:
>
> | Carey,
> |
> | Did you read the posting? He wants SP1, not some form of SP2.
> |
> | Please read everything before you jump in and make a fool of yourself -
> as
> | you done many a time in these newsgroups when you anwer a question that
> was
> | not asked.

I wholeheartedly endorse Carey's endorsement.

Service Packs, as I have said many times before, are like Judgement Day for
users whose systems are misconfigured, either unwittingly or through
following misguided advice.

Ted Zieglar

"Mr Moneypenny" <pink-panther@spottyntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Carey,
>
> My post just below is, I know, simply one of many similar complaints about
> SP2.
>
> Secure? Well maybe.
>
> Solid? Like a lump of what exactly?
>
> Roll-on patch/patches.
>
> Five url's justifying SP2, against how many complaints?
>
> Your endorsement beggars belief.
>
> PP

>> The release of SP2 rendered SP1 virtually obsolete.
>> It is best to install the latest Service Pack, which is SP2,
>> a very secure and solid product.
>>
>> Top 10 Reasons to Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/topten.mspx
>>
>> List of fixes included in Windows XP Service Pack 2
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811113&Product=windowsxpsp2
>>
>> Learn About Windows XP Service Pack 2
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/preinstall.mspx
>>
>> What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

>> "Jerry" wrote:
>>
>> | Carey,
>> |
>> | Did you read the posting? He wants SP1, not some form of SP2.
>> |
>> | Please read everything before you jump in and make a fool of yourself -
>> as
>> | you done many a time in these newsgroups when you anwer a question that
>> was
>> | not asked.

Ted

Your support for Carey is admirable and the reasoning beyond reproof, I
think!

Like Carlos I reckon I should review the matter, and am following the
guiding words of 'Taurarian Constellation' in his reply to my thread "Since
SP2 on XP Pro. Free but very annoying"

Carey

I withdraw my remark, unreservedly.

PP