Readyboost Lockup Hangup

bmachia

Reputable
Jan 25, 2016
Windows 10, 64 - I am getting a ReadyBoost System lockup (this information from Event Viewer). The lockup requires a complete power-off and then startup. Event View tells me "Windows cannot load the extension counter DLL rdyboost. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the Windows error code." But, it does not display the error code, other than event ID 1023 and OpCode: Stop.

I have no devices on my system that can be used for ReadyBoost (All applicable storage state "This device cannot be used for ReadyBoost.")

What can I do to fix the problem?

Hoping to hear from anyone,
Bill
<removed by mod>

Solution
Can you please pass on your full systems specs? Have you updated your BIOS and chipset/storage drivers? Follow this guide to find and turn off Readyboost for your device if your HDD is being seen and used as a Readyboost tool. Is this installation of Windows 10 availed through the free upgrade path or anew? Have a go with repair install and see if the issue is persistent.

I would suggest that you re-install your OS after you've backed up your critical content onto an external storage device.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please pass on your full systems specs? Have you updated your BIOS and chipset/storage drivers? Follow this guide to find and turn off Readyboost for your device if your HDD is being seen and used as a Readyboost tool. Is this installation of Windows 10 availed through the free upgrade path or anew? Have a go with repair install and see if the issue is persistent.

I would suggest that you re-install your OS after you've backed up your critical content onto an external storage device.

Solution