Real fast download, ok upload, and doo doo ping

supatacokid

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
i recently just moved into a new house and got internet today. My download is a nice 70 and ping is over 600 even on 5g 1 room away.

Is there anything i can do i already uninstalled/reinstalled my network driver but nothing

Solution
First try a ethernet cable to be sure it is wifi and not some strange issue with the router or your internet connection.

Then put your PC directly next to the router. This reduces the impact of interference. Interference is what causes high ping times. The data must be re transmitted and that takes some time.

If it has issues next to the router I would suspect a driver issue. If it is good next to the router you have few options other than the standard change the wifi channel
First try a ethernet cable to be sure it is wifi and not some strange issue with the router or your internet connection.

Then put your PC directly next to the router. This reduces the impact of interference. Interference is what causes high ping times. The data must be re transmitted and that takes some time.

If it has issues next to the router I would suspect a driver issue. If it is good next to the router you have few options other than the standard change the wifi channel

Solution