Real HDR Monitor?

DI Trance

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
I've read an article a while back, saying how REAL HDR monitors have specific standards that most other monitors that advertise themselves as such, do not fulfill.

Namely
10 bit panel
1 ,000 nits peak brightness and less than 0.05nits black level

I haven't searched much but the ONLY one that has those Dell UltraSharp 27 Premier Color UltraHD 4K HDR10 (UP2718Q)

Now when i read this it was a couple of months ago, it was the only one that had these specifications, is the situation still the same now in april 2018 and if its not what others monitors are out there?

Tomshardware already did a review on it :
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dell-up2718q-hdr-pro-monitor,5231-7.html

"Surprisingly, even to us, we consider the UP2718Q a good value. While $1500 may seem excessive for a 27” monitor, it can do things no other screen can do at this price point. Most high-end mastering displays cost far more, as much as 10 times more in fact. For that reason, we’re giving it our Tom’s Hardware Editor Recommended Award."

Need an urgent answer thanks

Solution
LinusTechTips covered this, he said that there is a big rise in "fake" HDR displays that only do half (or half the requirements) for the official HDR spec. I believe this is why there are so few HDR displays that are true HDR.