Real ID Keeps WoW Players Connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Will someone please tell Blizzard that someones already written a nice online gaming interface they are called Valve. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]fancarolina[/nom]Will someone please tell Blizzard that someones already written a nice online gaming interface they are called Valve. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel.[/citation]
This is a but more advanced than Steam...and Blizzard is too unique to become the next Steam slave.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]This is Blizzard, all they do is copy others, blatantly I might add.[/citation]
This is one of the stupidest comments vie ever seen - congrats!

enarr

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Steam doesn't have FACEBOOK integration like BNET 2.0. I love becoming a facebook fan of some random dude I zergling rushed. I love Bobby Kottick.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]enarr[/nom]Steam doesn't have FACEBOOK integration like BNET 2.0. I love becoming a facebook fan of some random dude I zergling rushed. I love Bobby Kottick.[/citation]
The Facebook integration works the other way around...Kotick has nothing to do w/Blizz FYI.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Godfail[/nom]This is one of the stupidest comments vie ever seen - congrats![/citation]
stupidest...or most hard hitting fact?

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]enarr[/nom]Read up on your history, http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/vi [...] _id=128252And facebook comments were a joke about how BNET 2.0 doesn't really add anything other than that while removing a lot of other features.[/citation]
History? These are recent events at most. Blizzard's development remains independent - read your own links.

Comments about Facebook are comments about Facebook....there is no other context here. Bnet 2.0 is not yet complete but I certainly welcome the death of spambots.

enarr

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
[citation][nom]Godfail[/nom]History? These are recent events at most. Blizzard's development remains independent - read your own links.Comments about Facebook are comments about Facebook....there is no other context here. Bnet 2.0 is not yet complete but I certainly welcome the death of spambots.[/citation]

Now you want me to define history for you? Pretty sure the events that occurred in the past is the definition of history. Impossible to argue with a fanboy. You'll keep thinking BNET 2.0 will be the greatest invention since the microwave. While I'll enjoy games that allow an user to reconnect to after being disconnecting for whatever reason. Or I'll enjoy games with lower latency than a set limit by BNET. I could go on but you'll simply dismiss it with a fanboy-ish comment. :)

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]enarr[/nom]Now you want me to define history for you? Pretty sure the events that occurred in the past is the definition of history. Impossible to argue with a fanboy. You'll keep thinking BNET 2.0 will be the greatest invention since the microwave. While I'll enjoy games that allow an user to reconnect to after being disconnecting for whatever reason. Or I'll enjoy games with lower latency than a set limit by BNET. I could go on but you'll simply dismiss it with a fanboy-ish comment.[/citation]
Pretty sure this shit is only 3 years old, kid. Please, do go on about a beta product that may change at any time....hate-bot. I never once praised bent 2.0, I'll wait for the final product, thanks.

As for rejoining games, I'm as against it as I am for it...easily abused by obvious trolls like yourself.

enarr

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Now history has a time limit. How does one even argue with a stupid statement such as yours?

Anyways, sure BNET 2.0 is beta. However, where has Blizzard announced any plans of adding new amazing "innovative" features other than Facebook/IM? And how many times have you seen a Beta product do a huge overhaul one month before its release? Keep dreaming, kid. Keep defending BNET 2.0. Good night, fanboy. Go troll 4chan or something. :)

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I look forward to this service! I'll continue using Steam, but this will give me more informations about my friends : what game are they playing? what server are they on? what character are they playing?

But, it won't replace Steam. 2 services, 2 different needs.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]fancarolina[/nom]Will someone please tell Blizzard that someones already written a nice online gaming interface they are called Valve. Quit trying to reinvent the wheel.[/citation]
I see no problem with Blizzard using a similar service when playing their games. I welcome the opportunity to chat with my friends playing SC2 while I am playing WoW or Diablo. I believe others created it before and after Valve did as well. Xfire...

G

Valve > Blizzard for one important reason: more games to communicate through. Battle.net 2.0 may integrate with FB, but it really only allows communication via Blizzard games. But, I can use Steam to communicate with Steam games AND non-Steam games. By creating a shortcut to WoW in Steam, my Steam friends can see that I'm playing WoW and communicate with me via Steam. So, IMO, Blizzard is a little late to this game.

G

I've been able to do this with nearly all of SoE's games for nearly 5 years now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS