Real Life Modern Warfare 2: Gamer vs. Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
"Competition" starts at about 4:06, so you can avoid the 4 minutes of ridiculous buildup. Reading the title, I thought I was going to see a gamer run through the course with a real gun. I was disappointed.

Also, pretty much a crap vid, I wouldn't waste my time again.

The SAS guy handled the course as if it was the real life situation. Taking down the targets so not to put himself in danger. The way any soldier would be trained. Of course someone that is used to playing a game can just run in there guns blazing. I'm not surprised at all about the outcome.

If that was a real life scenario the gamer would of been dead, and that soldier would still be alive to fight another day.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
can you lean around corners in real life? or use the butt of your gun instead of taking out a knife? NO!!! oh wait, i am getting MW2 confused with real life, like some people who think they are the same.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]builderbobftw[/nom]I think everybody that doesn't suck disabled that a long time ago.[/citation]

On the 360 ?? Do tell on this technique

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]can you lean around corners in real life? or use the butt of your gun instead of taking out a knife? NO!!! oh wait, i am getting MW2 confused with real life, like some people who think they are the same.[/citation]

Or knife guys from a good 10 feet away (commando perk), and have akimbo shotguns

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
clearly its a guy in real life vs a video game.

maybe you can do it faster, maybe you can pick out the ways in which the rl version was more realistic

but maybe, just maybe...

you can realize that they re-did a mw2 "map" to scale, and had someone with live rounds attempt it...

I'm a fan

daveg

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
Cool video and experiment, but one needs to call into question the reputability of the comparison & journalists when they blatantly claim that that the soldier is using a MP5 when in fact it is a GSG-5 22LR replica. HUGE difference between a full auto 9mm vs a semi-auto 22LR. Yes, the GSG-5 is a much better gun to race through a stage like that, but if they lied about that major aspect of the experiment, what else did they lie about?

That said, I'd like to see them repeat it with a decent USPSA 3-gun competitor in full race gear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.