Real Life Programming

Code7526

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Hi All

Does anyone know where on the internet you can find a full free video c programming course which teaches you everything about c programming and how to build real life software from beginning to end using a free c compiler?

I don't want to just type c code into a compiler and when you run the software just a black screen comes up with writing on. I want to be able to write into a compiler which has libraries so that when you run the code you wrote the program runs like microsoft word for example with graphics. I want to know how to write real life software from start to end for free?

Regards James

Programming is incredibly detailed and very hands on. You will not be able to learn it through videos so forget about that. The book that I recommend for C programming (and C is one of the languages that I value as a teaching tool) is C Primer Plus. It is a very detailed book and comes in at just under 1,000 pages. That's par the course for programming resources, so you can probably imagine why I claim that videos are a bad idea. That book provides an extremely thorough overview of the language from the ground up, including various dialects and the language's relationship with C++. It's very newbie friendly, and presumes almost no prior knowledge.

athlonman00

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
People pay tons of money to learn programming of any language. College, external resources, etc. Books are written by people with degrees, and there aren't many out there who are credible and willing to give away what's taken them years upon years to learn. @Pinhedd recommends what would be a great path to follow if you're just looking to learn it and delve into programming. Anything you find for free, I would not trust.

Also figure a full featured commercial program like Microsoft Word takes hundreds if not thousands of programmers years to write - so would take a single programmer on his\her own more than a lifetime to write from start to finish and would require knowledge of every aspect of the programming and by the time it was done would have already been outdated due to new technologies (which is why companies use thousands of programmers in small groups that design specific portions of the program) - very few if any retail programs have ever been written by a single person.

Code7526

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Thanks for the information everyone!

I want to make a simple database program. I want a program with an icon which you click on and it opens up with graphics and not just a black window that opens with white writing on. I want a free c compiler with a full library which ables you to build real software in a developers environment.

USAFRet

Titan

Visual Studio Express

TRENDING THREADS