real player setup

I s real player part of the windows set up or do I have to
have this to get my e-mail since Microsoft is unable to
repair the dvd sound settings?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Real Player is a totally separate program provided by the folks at
www.real.com

It has nothing to do with e-mail.

"bettie gatewood" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I s real player part of the windows set up or do I have to
> have this to get my e-mail since Microsoft is unable to
> repair the dvd sound settings?

and what problem do you have with the sound settings of dvd's

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

> Real Player is a totally separate program provided by the folks at
> www.real.com
>
> It has nothing to do with e-mail.
>
> "bettie gatewood" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I s real player part of the windows set up or do I have to
> > have this to get my e-mail since Microsoft is unable to
> > repair the dvd sound settings?

Oh I ran into this once.... If you have Real Player/Real One installed and
are watching a real video online... and then Mute the audio.... then the
video ends and you exit Real... it has muted ALL your audio.

The only way I could get it back was to re-open Real, un-mute and then close
Real again.

It was so strange I remember telling Will (D) about it!!! It's (of course)
nothing to do with DVDs or Microsoft. and EVERYTHING to do with Real.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging