Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Hi,

I want to fly my Cessna to more exotic locations, like the pyramids or the
Panama canal and so on.
But those landmarks are very 'visual', what I mean is that there isn't
really a VOR to direct you straight down the Grand Canyon.

So like any tourists I need a map of what to look out of my window for, (not
an aeronautical map that tends to be a bit cluttered).

I also think that looking at a map would make me look at things I would
normally not look out for.

So, is there a database of free colour maps that would help me in my VFR
flying?
Of course the more accurate the better really :).

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

GREGORY

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:10:13 -0000, "Simon" <spambucket@myoddweb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Hi,
>
>I want to fly my Cessna to more exotic locations, like the pyramids or the
>Panama canal and so on.
>But those landmarks are very 'visual', what I mean is that there isn't
>really a VOR to direct you straight down the Grand Canyon.
>
>So like any tourists I need a map of what to look out of my window for, (not
>an aeronautical map that tends to be a bit cluttered).
>
>I also think that looking at a map would make me look at things I would
>normally not look out for.
>
>So, is there a database of free colour maps that would help me in my VFR
>flying?
>Of course the more accurate the better really :).
>
>Many thanks in advance.
>
>Simon

Here's a MAP link that's currently on the desktop...

http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/aminet/pix/map/

there are many more good ones.. will
have to look through the `favorites'.

If you go to google.com... click on 'Images'.. and
enter [ "your region" +map ] lots more will come up.

-G

Chris

I have Encarta Atlas running along side which allows me to zoom down to
street level across most major cities and allows me to pan and zoom across
the whole globe and pick out any features. I just ALT & TAB between it and
FS.

Chris

"Simon" <spambucket@myoddweb.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to fly my Cessna to more exotic locations, like the pyramids or the
> Panama canal and so on.
> But those landmarks are very 'visual', what I mean is that there isn't
> really a VOR to direct you straight down the Grand Canyon.
>
> So like any tourists I need a map of what to look out of my window for,
> (not
> an aeronautical map that tends to be a bit cluttered).
>
> I also think that looking at a map would make me look at things I would
> normally not look out for.
>
> So, is there a database of free colour maps that would help me in my VFR
> flying?
> Of course the more accurate the better really :).
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Simon

Try this

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/