Reallocated sectors count & current pending sectors count

Sep 11, 2018
Hello alright ill go straight to the point. a few days ago i was playing games and everything start to shaking thats when i realized it was an earthquake and i lasted about 20 seconds a very hard one, so you may ask "what the hell is this guy trying to tell us" alright once this happened i came back and my the monitor,case all went down and the pc was freezed. so i ordered everything. the days passed and i realized the games on my secondary disk wont launch anymore so i went to "speccy" and S.M.A.R.T attributes shows me this:

Reallocated Sectors Count
real value: 1.112
current:61
worst:61
threshold:140
raw value:0000000458

Current Pending Sector Count
real value:153
current:195
worst:193
threshold: 0
raw value: 0000000099

i ran "chkdsk E: /r" and at some point it says "0 kb in bad sectors"

what is all these mean? can fix it? or hdd is already doomed? sorry for my bad english

Solution
newretro1981, most likely the drive was damaged in the fall as the computer was powered on and accessing that drive at the time of the earthquake. HDD's do not take bumps and drops very well. It is always a good idea to have a back up plan in place.

Basically you want:

3 copies of any data you don't want to lose
2 different mediums it's stored on (so 2 different drives in your computer, for example)
1 copy kept offsite, to prevent against disaster. Let's say an earthquake hits.

Most importantly is that you are OK. A drive can be replaced and the games downloaded again.
newretro1981, most likely the drive was damaged in the fall as the computer was powered on and accessing that drive at the time of the earthquake. HDD's do not take bumps and drops very well. It is always a good idea to have a back up plan in place.

Basically you want:

3 copies of any data you don't want to lose
2 different mediums it's stored on (so 2 different drives in your computer, for example)
1 copy kept offsite, to prevent against disaster. Let's say an earthquake hits.

Most importantly is that you are OK. A drive can be replaced and the games downloaded again.

Solution
Sep 11, 2018

ooh well thats kinda sad i guess a damaged hdd is way better than a destroyed house.. but you're right i will replace both of them just in case, thanks for your help sir i appreciate it, one last question tho. how long a hdd with this kind of damage could last?

I guess what you are trying to say is how long will a HDD last if the drive is not damaged. The answer is: a drive could last 3 months or 10 yrs. It is relative.

Sep 11, 2018

Quick update

Current Pending Sector Count went to 0 and speccy marks it as "good"

reallocated sectors count went of 61 to 41 it is a good sign?

@newretro1981, the actual number of bad sectors is the "raw" value, 458. It's not clear whether this number is decimal or hexadecimal, but it's a very bad sign either way. BTW, when the Current "normalised" value drops from 61 to 41, this means that the drive's health is deteriorating. That is, I expect that the number of bad sectors will have increased by 500 or so.