Reallocated Sectors Count

Mar 19, 2018
I am having BSOD in my pc and I realized that using the Crystaldiskinfo shows the disk as "Caution"

And the specific detail in caution is: Reallocated sector count: Current: 198. Worst: 198. Threshold: 140. RAW Value: 21

Everything expressed in decimal

I had understood if the Threshold is lower that current, there's no problem.

So beyond the BSOD, is the HDD dying?

Thanks

Solution
You need to consider (1) whether the value is increasing over time and (2) if any other values, particularly Pending Sector Count (197), Uncorrectable Sector Count (198), and Reported Uncorrectable Errors (187), are reported with a raw value above zero.

Just some reallocated sectors that are not increasing are not a strong indication of imminent drive failure.

That said, always backup anything you really want as failure can occur with no SMART error warnings.

RealBeast

Titan
You need to consider (1) whether the value is increasing over time and (2) if any other values, particularly Pending Sector Count (197), Uncorrectable Sector Count (198), and Reported Uncorrectable Errors (187), are reported with a raw value above zero.

Just some reallocated sectors that are not increasing are not a strong indication of imminent drive failure.

That said, always backup anything you really want as failure can occur with no SMART error warnings.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS