Question Really bad LOD/Pop ins across all games

Rifleman269

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016
Hello Everyone I was wondering if I could get some help on a situation of mine so about a week ago I had cleaned out my pc from dust and added new thermal paste to my cpu, when I got my computer back together I got an error message that I faintly remember
that said "Overclocking failed! Please enter setup to re-configure setup." The problem is that I don't remember overclocking anything in my pc what so ever since I Don't know how to overclock all that well, but every time I start up any of my games now they just look awful. Really bad looking LOD, pop ins, graphics don't seem to match what I set them to....etc. I have tried resetting everything to the default state including using (DDU) to uninstall graphic drivers and reinstall fresh ones and even tried rolling back. Nothing seems to be fixing the issue. This happened to me before near 2017 and somehow the issue was fixed sadly I cant remember if I looked up a video to edit something within the bios to help so that's what's troubling for me. I also know that games are gonna have pop ins and low Draw distance etc. in certain games but the way these objects are just popping was not doing it before. It should fade in and out no pop like this.

Things tried:
Reseating components
Setting bios to default
setting control panel to default
Setting resolutions to match 100%
DDU-New and roll back drivers
Setting game graphics between low-maximum(ultra).

Here is a video to show the issue, note this is all games not just this one.

View: https://flic.kr/p/2nXP17S

Here is my specs
Cpu = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
CPU Fan = Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO
GPU = Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
RAM = 16gb Ripjaw
PSU = 850 watt
MOBO = Asus z170-E LGA
HDD = 2TB WD Black
SSD = Samsung 850 Evo 2.5

I know that the parts in my computer are older but I did not have any issues until I cleaned my pc and got that error message, and I know it might be a longshot but if anyone could help with this I would truly appreciate it Thank you!

Cem Goker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
I'm guessing it's your CMOS battery going bust. Firstly, get a new CMOS battery and replace the old one. Please do wait around a minute or two before putting the battery on. If that doesn't fix it, then update/reflash BIOS thru Asus support site of your motherboard.

Rifleman269

Honorable
Jan 27, 2016
I'm guessing it's your CMOS battery going bust. Firstly, get a new CMOS battery and replace the old one. Please do wait around a minute or two before putting the battery on. If that doesn't fix it, then update/reflash BIOS thru Asus support site of your motherboard.
I just ordered the CMOS battery and will update when I change that out I will also try updating bios/Reinstalling if the battery doesn't fix. Thank you!