[SOLVED] Really bad performance in games when duplicating monitor.

yourboydan

Reputable
Jun 28, 2017
Hello,

I recently decided to hook up my TV into my PC to stream some games to my mates while they were over. As I have a 1660 Super, I only have 1 HDMI Port, which I use for my monitor, so therefore I slotted an old 1050 Ti into my PC and hooked the TV into it via a DVI-HDMI Connector, outputting 1080p@60 to the TV as well as my monitor. I initially tried to play CS:GO; while I would previously get 200+ fps with either the 1050 Ti or the 1660 Super, I did not know why I was getting 20-30 instead, whenever I duplicated the monitor.

I have checked on some other games and the issue persists. I have checked and made sure that all my games are set to render on the 1660 Super, so I don't know what the issue is.

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Dan.

--
Ryzen 5 3600
2 sticks 8gb DDR4 3200mHz
Gigabyte GTX1660 Super
Asus 1050 Ti Super
M.2 1TB SSD
MSI b450 A-Pro Max MB

Last edited:
Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Did you manually download the 1050 Ti drivers via the manufacturer's website to reinstall and reconfigure?

Using Task Manager or Resource Monitor observe system performance with first one monitor and then both monitors.

Determine what resources are being used in both configuration, to what extent the resources are being used, and what is using the resource.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Did you manually download the 1050 Ti drivers via the manufacturer's website to reinstall and reconfigure?

Using Task Manager or Resource Monitor observe system performance with first one monitor and then both monitors.

Determine what resources are being used in both configuration, to what extent the resources are being used, and what is using the resource.

Solution