Question Really confusing drivers issues , AMD Adrenaline 19.4.1 to 4.2 Optional.

Manos GR

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
So 3 days ago , I sat down to play Forza Horizon 4 to top off a busy week , but when I started my PC it would P.O.S.T. normally and then, in the transition from the BIOS Screen to the Windows Software, there was a full-on blackscreen, nothing would work, button presses would trigger sounds but no display. It was the day before that I had installed the 19.4.2 Optional amd software drivers, because forza horizon 4 would not run without it and a graphics driver update is in my opinion worth the time. To fix it, I went to safe mode and installed my older drivers again , the 19.4.1 version that is , booting up into windows normally, with horizon 4 not opening once again. I have faced graphics drivers issues before but no sign that my gpu is faulty , that is the Vega 8 integrated within the R3 2200G and with 16GBs of RAM, 2 allocated to the igpu... I just wanted to post this here , and ask if anyone else has issues with the specific driver version and how to fix them... By the way , if anyone could get forza horizon 4 running with the .4.1 drivers it would be good as well.
Any advice is welcome (and thanks for reading the whole thread lul)
Manos

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Is the issue cropping up only on the 19.4.2 drivers and on Forza Horizon alone?

Manos GR

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Well I didnt see any need to post these specs, but here you go if you need them.
CPU : R3 2200G
Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H
Ram : 16 GB Corsair Vengeance CAS 16 2400MHz
HDD: A simple 1TB caviar blue
GPU : AMD Radeon Vega 8 iGPU
PSU : EVGA 500BQ
Chassis : Aerocool QS-300
As an update , just yesterday my PC black screened again with the 19.4.1 drivers so i rolled back to the 18.9.3 drivers , that fixed both the blackscreen
and forza horizon 4 crash. So now I'm intrigued, can this be a problem with my graphics processor not being compatible with the drivers due to a problem?

Scott Wayne

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
18.9.3 drivers is high as your card will support you need to disable the update till you buy a supported amd card amd may still be able to support it id be careful on future drivers if its a pcie it should had worked but an igp is liminted in every way what it will support

Last edited:

Wendigo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2002
19.4.3 is now available, might worth a try...

FWIW, I had some very unusual bugs when I installed 19.4.2 for the first time. I had to roll back to 18.12.1 using a restoration point. Then I installed the newest chipset driver 18.50 from AMD website and try 19.4.2 again. Everything went fine this time. I don't know if or how updating the chipset driver helped, but there isn't much to lose by updating it before installing the latest graphic card driver.