Question REALLY confusing problem involving laptop keyboard and motherboard

Mar 14, 2020
So, first of all, PLEASE read my post, im really desperate and i need a solution now,

So, i just got a new gaming laptop for christmas, and in mid february, while having my laptop in my backpack, it slipped off the side of my bed and THUD against the floor, a subtle fall. Minutes later, i discovered that my LCD PANEL had a problem, but that got fixed later.

So i opened my laptop with some screwdivers, planning on fixing it, i´ve fixed my own laptops before. i did not do anything other than visual inspection, maybe some fiddling with some screws but when i closed it again, the keyboard was totally dead, not a single key worked.

Anyways, i took it to a lenovo service center, only for diagnose, they told me the MB was faulty, since they tried another laptop keyboard (which im not so sure about). I already ordered a new MB, and im currently using a logitech simple keyboard. Do you have any ideas on what may have happened? if so, reply.

It fell, something got damaged. There is no way to guess outside of that.

You did not really make it clear about the time for all this. You said the screen got fixed so the screen was fixed, everything was good with the system but then the keyboard stopped working after you took it apart for some reason? Or did you take it apart to fix the screen? You may want to provide a bit better details as to what happened and when exactly, start from the beginning. A small fall inside a bag should not really damage a motherboard but it's still possible.

Another option is that you put in the wrong screw in some place when taking it apart and it was too long and damaged something under it. I've seem computer techs do that a few times, they stick a longer screw in the wrong spot and it goes right though the motherboard, and in one case through a WiFi card which they brought to me wondering why it did not work. I took it apart and there was a screw through the card, luckily it was the only thing damaged.

Mar 14, 2020
It fell, something got damaged. There is no way to guess outside of that.

You did not really make it clear about the time for all this. You said the screen got fixed so the screen was fixed, everything was good with the system but then the keyboard stopped working after you took it apart for some reason? Or did you take it apart to fix the screen? You may want to provide a bit better details as to what happened and when exactly, start from the beginning. A small fall inside a bag should not really damage a motherboard but it's still possible.

Another option is that you put in the wrong screw in some place when taking it apart and it was too long and damaged something under it. I've seem computer techs do that a few times, they stick a longer screw in the wrong spot and it goes right though the motherboard, and in one case through a WiFi card which they brought to me wondering why it did not work. I took it apart and there was a screw through the card, luckily it was the only thing damaged.
So, what i did was open the case, but i did not remove any screws whatsoever inside the mb, after getting my laptop back from lenovo repair center, the screen was working fine, i assume the cable was simply not connected properly, i think that when it fell, something damaged, but then, how could it have only been the keyboard?, not a single other thing is failing, and the technicians at lenovo repair center told me that they tried using another keyboard and it did not work.