Oct 19, 2014
These are my pc spes.

Cpu : i5 4790k
Gpu : Gtx 970 Asus Strix
Mobo : Asus z97
Cpu Cooler : Coolermaster T4
Ram : Cruical 1600 Mhz 8Gb
Psu : Evga G2 650 Watt

Idk whats causing this cpu usage to ramp up so high during games and streams. My friend has the exact same build but with a gtx 750ti and when he streams its usually only around 30~40%
while when i stream i see it hit 70~100%. Whenever im streaming of my pc its usually around 85~100% usage. Streaming off my elgato from my ps4 is around 60%~100% and just playing regular games im usually around 50%. So could anyone help me? Browsing and watching stuff still makes it sit around 1~10% but when im doing any kinda of gaming or streaming my cpu just ramps up to max usage so please help!

Solution
Are you using h.264 codec to stream? It's supposed to use GPU I think.
Are you streaming at same bitrate and resolution as your friend? The higher the quality, the more taxing it is on your system. And you only have a quadcore.
I assume you use task manager and process [all process ] amd look at the ones using up so much cpu then research what they are and do ?

I was thinking off the cuff if you use chrome it maybe a add on from it ? if the gaming is online as is the streaming ? the seeing its win-10 no telling with that thing

google win-10 high cpu usage and look at whats said of tips ?

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2015/08/this-simple-windows-10-tweak-could-reduce-ram-and-cpu-usage/

JimmyWin

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014

yup pretty much everything and im sure streaming is mostly cpu.

JimmyWin

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014

yeah i usually have just my game and stream up and thats just ramping the usage up so high which it shouldnt be maxing it out idk. Its showing 4.20ghz also.