[SOLVED] Really high end pc with eh frames?

Oct 12, 2019
I just rebuilt my computer and in some games my framerates definitely not nearly as high as it should be, my friends laptop that has worse hardware in it run some games better than my pc. I've done all the basic things to optomise my pc but my frames are no where near where they should be.

My pc is:
Auros master z390
I9 9900k
Nvidia rtx 2070
24 gigs of ram
H100i water cooler

Solution
The problem could be corrupt/deleted Windows files. There are a few things you will have to do to check this and fix it.
• Click start and type CMD. Right click command prompt and choose run as administrator. Now type "sfc /scannow" (without ") and press enter. This will scan for bad Windows files and try to fix them. It will take a very long time, and even longer if there are many problems.
• Use an antivirus to scan for viruses and other malware. I'd personally recommend Malwarebytes as it is free and seems to have the best detection rates. It also has a free 14-day trial for the premium version which is a bonus.
• Uninstall any system optimisers/speed boosters etc. Although they might seem promising, they are more harm than good...
some games (olders games) usualy runs much better on ancient "weak" hardware, because they were compiled in that era where your shiny new cpu didnt exists yet, intel pretty much hardcodes optimal compile path for each cpu gen, in this case if compiled app doesnt know your cpu, it will run in slowpoke mode

btw which games...and any benchmark of your hardware, userbenchmark maybe?

Oct 12, 2019
But how old are "older games" though?? And I have a friend that has some rog laptop with a 1070 in it and 16 gigs of ram n he runs arma 3 on standard settings at about 200 frames I run it on ultra settings at like 50-60 on a full map mod but it shouldnt be that severe of a difference

Oct 12, 2019
Thank you but the thing is he wouldnt do any of that he just got the game b started running it, were using the same mods. Idk if it's just me running the server but I doubt it. It's not only arma 3 though, I just feel like I should have more frames in a lot of games that I really dont

Sep 30, 2019
i just stopped reading after your specs lists 2070 ,since theres your problem ' see rtx is not what its cracked up to be and I know several people with the current 20 series cards and even another my long time outta state friend has a 1660 and was devastated and still the person I bought the evga 1070 sc black that I game on right now upgraded to a 2070 and says he regrets ever doing so games seem laggy ,frame drops and runs way hotter than this 1070 did

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings.
Power Management Mode: Set to either Adaptive or Max Performance. The former will run at max boost clocks only when the gpu is being used. The latter will run at max regardless of usage.
Texture Filtering - Quality: Set to High Performance
V-sync: Set to Fast or Off

2)What are your gpu's temps like?

3)Enable XMP in the bios.

Oct 12, 2019
I just changed texture filtering and enabled xmp in the bios I'll get right back to you, and my GPU temp under heavy load is around 60-65c
Update: my frames have definitely risen a bit, is there anything else you can think of?

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A reset of Windows would be the best bet then, seeming as storage is from an old PC. You can use Windows' built in reset program (just Google how to reset Windows XXX, depending on what Windows you use).
The reason being is that Windows will load different drivers, and hardware is identified differently, when on different motherboards. Therefore, even if most of your hardware is the same, it could still be set up differently. A Windows reset will re-optimise everything for your current setup.

Oct 12, 2019
I dont see all too much of a difference in fps from removing a ram card n having the other 2 in a2 and b2. As for resetting windows its telling me "theres an error resetting your pc, no changes were made"

The problem could be corrupt/deleted Windows files. There are a few things you will have to do to check this and fix it.
• Click start and type CMD. Right click command prompt and choose run as administrator. Now type "sfc /scannow" (without ") and press enter. This will scan for bad Windows files and try to fix them. It will take a very long time, and even longer if there are many problems.
• Use an antivirus to scan for viruses and other malware. I'd personally recommend Malwarebytes as it is free and seems to have the best detection rates. It also has a free 14-day trial for the premium version which is a bonus.
• Uninstall any system optimisers/speed boosters etc. Although they might seem promising, they are more harm than good. They 'optimise' by modifying or deleting files that, ultimately, are as they are because Windows needs them like that.

I'd recommend uninstalling boosters and virus scan as the things to do first, then use scannow to clean anything that is left over.

Solution