Jayden24

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
pc specs/ -msi rx 470 4gb
-AMD 8370
-8gb ddr4 ram
-WD blue 1tb
-asrock 970 mobo
-when i first build my pc i would get well over 60 fps on pretty much every game, then all of a sudden my pc would buffer and lag like every 2 seconds it will stop and start again over and over i would still get over 60 fps but it would lag/\/\ on fallout 4 if i ran to fast it would stop and load for like 3 min. then start again with everything loaded/\/\ this has been happening for about 4 days now and nothing has changed/\/\ should i reset my hardrive and start fresh??? PLZ HELP

-update- its possible it could be a virus i used avast and it said threats found/\/\i pressed resolve as any person would do and i have to pay for it so whatin the world do i do?

Solution
Could be a failing hard drive. Get a cheap 120 or 256 GB solid state hard drive, install Windows clean on that and see if it helps. Maybe it's a heat issue also, make sure case and fans are clean, check temps with HWMonitor during gaming to make sure they are not close to the max for the CPU.

Jayden24

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017

I ran a quick scan and it said no viruses but it did show apps that were slowing my pc i uninstalled and disabled some and no help at all it been over a month with whatever is happening

Could be a failing hard drive. Get a cheap 120 or 256 GB solid state hard drive, install Windows clean on that and see if it helps. Maybe it's a heat issue also, make sure case and fans are clean, check temps with HWMonitor during gaming to make sure they are not close to the max for the CPU.

Solution