Really need help with a NON_DEDICATED CS:S server!!!

PorkyTheClown

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I want to set up a CSS serverthat i can host over the internet and play on it at the same time with the same computer. I start the server and for some reason sv_lan 0 always changes back to sv_lan 1. If anyone has any info for setting up a Non dedicated server in CS:S or CS 1.6 I would greatly appreciate it.

navysealbrian

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
What is the problem you are having? Is it that you want it to start up with sv_lan 0 without you having to change it to that each time? Also, a non-dedicated server is called a listen server.

You could do the following.
Go into the counter-strike source folder, which should be in C:program FilesValveSteamSteamAppsUSER NAMEcounter-strike source (apperently, these forums don't display slashes...) by default with USER NAME replaced by your account for SteamMake a file with Notepad. Now, type in the following:

hl2.exe -(secure or insecure) -console -game cstrike +sv_lan (0 or 1) +maxplayers (number value) +map (map name)

Now, it shouldn't have any (), just replace that with whatever options are in the (). Secure means VAC, insecure means no VAC, everything else is self explanatory. Here's an exampe of what it should look like.

hl2.exe -secure -console -game cstrike +sv_lan 0 +maxplayers 16 +map de_dust

Save it as whatever file name you want, but after it's saved, replace the .txt with .bat. Now, you need to have Steam on, but CS:S off, then just open up that file and it'll turn on CS:S and set up the server. Also, it should be possible to add any othere commands so long as you do +(command) after the word cstrike in the file.

PorkyTheClown

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
thanx for the .bat ill be trying that in a min. To answer the question, i start CSS, type sv_lan 0, then start the server. As soon as everything loads and im in the game, i check sv_lan and it is set to 1. It does not do this in garry's mod and garry's mod works fine as a Non-dedicated server.

cocacola_dragon

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008

What is an bad file?, i realy need this to, i want to make my own server but it is not going online.. please
Help me