really need help with connectors

gsen

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015
hi guys,
ill be changing my motherboard,cpu and ram on my old hp pavilion pc....when i opened up my case to do some checking,i found the following connectors on the mobo(the ones im confused about)-
1.front panel connector-for the power switch right?
2.THIS ONE IS REALLY CONFUSING ME-one connector is labelled JUSB2(has 8pins),coloured white and has a cable attached to it which uses up 4 of the 8 pins...i dont get what that one is for...it seems to be coming from the same place the front panel cable is coming...what is this one for?(the front panel usb ports are already connected to a JUSB1 port)
im changing the mobo to an asus h81m-cs but im not sure where the above cable would go in...please help me out...

Thanks

gsen

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015
and if you've noticed, the usb connectors for the new MB are behind the gpu slot...i dont know what ill do if the cables are not long enough to reach those usb ports...any ideas?

Vahe Bro A

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
if you are getting that asus h81m-cs motherboard the pins will go next to the SATA. there is a place next to the Yellow Sata that you will connect those pins. and the cables will reach. The manual of that motherboard will tell you witch pin is for reset/power/led and some motherboards it's written on the motherboard under and top of the pins

gsen

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015

yellow pins next to the sata is the front panel connector...i know that