Evga 650w psu
Rx580 8 gb gpu
2 8gb gskill aegis ram
Msi b450 gaming plus max
2 tb barracuda hdd

Now my problems (two of them)

Problem 1
- FPS
My fps is everywhere I play only apex legends for now and my fps goes up and down like crazy for testing I put everything on low and it starts off at like 140 fps then goes down to 70 then back up to 120 and then 140 again

My gpu is at 100 percent usage when this happens

And my cpu goes up and down around 85 to 99
Gpu temp usually float around anywhere from 60 to 71 while gaming

So i guess what I'm asking is what's causing my frames to drop like mad throughout my games

Problem 2

The last few days

Along with the frame drops

Now my game is freezing and the audio gets all laggy

I'll be playing and then the video will freeze or lag really bad audio will continue but then after the lag there's peices of audio missing for ex - I can't hear gun shots or foot steps but I can here characters talking and explosions and stuff I've tried ALOT to fix this stuff but nothing works

Things I've tried

- uninstalling gpu drivers with ddu in safe mode and then reinstalling older and newer drivers

-tried uninstall sound drivers

-ive tried games settings and radeon settings all different combos of turning graphics settings up and down

-ive tried disabling real-time protection

-pc is on performance setting

-tried turning off and on game mode in windows

And I've tried so much more just cant rember everything off hand

Is this my cpu bottle necking my gpu

Is something not set right ?

I there any special magic trick to make all the problems go away lol

As of right now with the freezing video and the audio missing sometimes its very hard to enjoy a match

Solution
hey everyone

So ill start with what I have

Ryzen 3 3200g
Evga 650w psu
Rx580 8 gb gpu
2 8gb gskill aegis ram
Msi b450 gaming plus max
2 tb barracuda hdd

Problem 1
- FPS
My fps is everywhere I play only apex legends for now and my fps goes up and down like crazy for testing I put everything on low and it starts off at like 140 fps then goes down to 70 then back up to 120 and then 140 again

So i guess what I'm asking is what's causing my frames to drop like mad throughout my games

Problem 2

The last few days

Along with the frame drops...
100% GPU usage is good.

But high cpu usage while gaming is not good.

You might be able to unload all your programs and apps when playing your game and get a bit better results. Realistically there's not much you can do to make a slow CPU fast. It's a very budget friendly CPU and those types of CPU's aren't the best for gaming. You want to spend at least $150 or so on a CPU for gaming.

hey everyone

Ryzen 3 3200g
Evga 650w psu
Rx580 8 gb gpu
2 8gb gskill aegis ram
Msi b450 gaming plus max
2 tb barracuda hdd

Problem 1
- FPS

Problem 2

The last few days

I'll be playing and then the video will freeze or lag really bad audio will continue but then after the lag there's peices of audio missing for ex - I can't hear gun shots or foot steps but I can here characters talking and explosions and stuff I've tried ALOT to fix this stuff but nothing works

Things I've tried

- uninstalling gpu drivers with ddu in safe mode and then reinstalling older and newer drivers

-ive tried games settings and radeon settings all different combos of turning graphics settings up and down

As of right now with the freezing video and the audio missing sometimes its very hard to enjoy a match

Your cpu usage is quite high but as long as gpu usage is at 100%, that's good therefore all the fps is fluctuating, so have you at least tried turning on vsync? Also try to overclock your cpu a bit and see if there is an increase in performance however I feel like vsync should do the trick, unless your at a higher refresh rate.

Solution
hey everyone

Ryzen 3 3200g
Evga 650w psu
Rx580 8 gb gpu
2 8gb gskill aegis ram
Msi b450 gaming plus max
2 tb barracuda hdd

Problem 1
- FPS

Problem 2

The last few days

Things I've tried

Most of your issue begins and ends with the quad core you're using...it simply can not keep up. Moving to a 2600 or ideally a 3600 will massively improve your game experience. Doing so will move the limiting factor to the rx580...which is much more desirable.

Reactions: Turtle Rig
Aug 25, 2020
Alright guys I'll invest in a better cpu

Its my first build and all he research i did about the 3200g said it was good for me gaming but maybe that was a awhile ago..

Any tips for the

Game freezing and audio lag

This just started happening and I know it's not cuz the 3200g cuz mu buddy has the same build and its not happening to his game?

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Alright guys I'll invest in a better cpu

Its my first build and all he research i did about the 3200g said it was good for me gaming but maybe that was a awhile ago..

Any tips for the

Game freezing and audio lag

This just started happening and I know it's not cuz the 3200g cuz mu buddy has the same build and its not happening to his game?
I agree with dorsai at this point your GPU is being suffocated by your CPU. That old quad core is not going to cut the rug for today's games however is a great CPU for moderate to mild gaming and general desktop work. Grab the 2700x or a 3700x with a B450 motherboard and things will be better. As for overclockoing you can't really OC a AMD as it comes OCed out of the box. Just enable PBO. One thing you can try for now is go to BIOS to put everything to defaults or optimized defaults and see what happens. Your CPU pegged at 100 percent sounds normal and GPU at 100 percent is normal for in game play. The lagging can have to do with your video card or fact that you don't have g-sync or freesync thus frame drops cause the stutter. So long you have 16GB RAM for sweet spot and a SSD you should be fine and have no bottlenecks on that end. Try what I suggested above then thing about getting a 3700x or something rather. That is a great gaming CPU and your GPU can breathe a bit. 🙈✝😷

Aug 25, 2020
Yes I understand what you guys are saying about the cpu but the game was running fine beside the fps drops

But now I'm getting freezes and audio lag

Random freezing and audio issues are very hard to track down. However, I think the audio issue is a side affect of the freezing, not an issue on its own. What are the freezes? Black screens, frozen pictures, etc? Look at the GPU as a prime suspect, but dont assume that is the issue.

Aug 25, 2020
I'll be playing and the screen will freeze in place and the audio will continue

And then after the freeze the audio will be missing pieces like I can't hear foot steps or gun shots anymore but I can still hear gamelan and voices and explosions etc..

Then after another freeze audio will come back

No blue or black or green screens jut gam freezing no crashing ither

Issue 2 - Have you tried another power supply ? If the game ran fine previously and you haven't changed game settings and the pausing and distorted audio symptoms are new issues then unless you changed hardware like a hard drive or memory then the PSU becomes suspect in my mind.

Issue 1 - Looking at some older benchmark reviews for Apex Legends the 580x should be getting around 80-85 fps average at 1080p with high quality settings...so the bouncing from 70 to 120 fps seems normal and depends on what is happening in game.

Aug 25, 2020
hey guys thanks for the advice and also thanks for the info about my cpu

I fixed the the issue

I just completely wiped my computer and started fresh reinstalled everything from. Scratch

And everything is fine now for the last 2 days

I will be upgrading my cpu to probably the ryzen 5 3600x

Also is anyone able to tell me what a nice and not to costly upgrade is from the rx580 8gb

And when i say upgrade I don't mean just like a super tiny performance upgrade 8 mean something that would be worth while upgrading to like what would a step up be from The rx580. From what I've read online maybe the rx 5700xt ?