[SOLVED] Really sick of windows 10, i have to be very careful with my pc when i start up now

nickthestick123

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
i didnt get my problem resolved in this thread here, so im going to try again. i have a custom built windows 10 pc with

Asus maximus hero IX mobo
i7-7700K intel CPU
1070 Nvidia ROG STRIX GPU
2TB M.2 Gammix PCIe SSD
32BG 2666 MHz Vengeance RAM
650W Seasonic PSU (80 Gold)

So, my problem is that if i open windows "file explorer" within a few minutes after boot, the window will say "working on it" after loading up, but not showing any folders, just white space. Then it will stop responding and then crash my desktop to a default aqua-blue color. my computer wont shut down and it wont blue/black screen on me, but the entire setup will become entirely unusable to the point where im forced to restart the computer.

As i said in my previous thread, i tend to put my pc to sleep, and i dont have any problems taking it out of sleep mode, but restarting or a turning on from a shut down causes this problem. the odd thing is, if i start windows explorer after, say, an hour of it being booted up, its usually fine. Im also having a problem where microsoft word crashes if i save it soon after boot up. my pc doesnt become as unusable as when i start file explorer, but word becomes totally frozen that not even ending the task in task manager kills the program.

The only reason i upgraded to windows 10 was because windows 7 was incompatible with my shiny new M.2 SSD. i upgraded about 5 months ago but i didnt start having problems that i noticed until a couple months ago. i might have an old backup somewhere, but id really prefer not having to use it as its before my file migration from my old SSHD to my new SSD. please help me.

Solution
No I haven’t, I’m trying to explore other options before I choose the nuclear one. I’m also not quite sure how I’d go about a clean install
Often, an "update" from a previous version does not go 100%.
A clean install is often a good place to start...begin with a known clean slate.

If your current Win 10 is fully activated, a clean install incurs no licensing issues.

USAFRet

Titan
No I haven’t, I’m trying to explore other options before I choose the nuclear one. I’m also not quite sure how I’d go about a clean install
A clean install is often a good place to start...begin with a known clean slate.

If your current Win 10 is fully activated, a clean install incurs no licensing issues.

Solution

nickthestick123

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019

Alright, ill give it a shot later today, my gf is gonna be using my pc for her hw a bit today (shes a slut for 4 monitors xD) and ive gotta finish up a couple papers for now