[SOLVED] Really slow boot times that got worse overtime

Apr 19, 2021
Hello, I got my PC in 2018 and it worked fine for a year or so. Afterwards I started noticing that the boot times were getting slower but they didn't bother me that much. According to event viewer, the Boot Duration was 144375ms 6 months ago, this morning was at 431918ms with most of the time being on BootUserProfileProcessingTime.

As for what I see when I boot up is that it goes through the BIOS pretty fast but then it gets stuck on the Windows logo for a long time. However it doesn't end there as after I login, the startup itself is also sluggish and I have to wait for a while until everything runs normally. If it's any help, I would just leave it to hibernate for the first year until I started getting freezes/crashes after waking up while working with Photoshop/playing games until I rebooted and subsequently it would boot up into a black screen that'd stay for a long time before showing me the login screen (for this I turned off Fast Boot and it would show the logo again but the boot would remain just as slow).

Did driver updates, malware scans, CrystalDisk shows both HDDs as healthy, RAM tests, GPU stress tests but nothing seems to have showed or done anything.

My Specs:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42219213

I am not very tech savvy so I feel like it's something very obvious that is causing this but I don't know what.

Apr 19, 2021
after a while windows starts to get built up with junk if i was you i would try defrag your drive https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ws-10-pc-048aefac-7f1f-4632-d48a-9700c4ec702a or use cc cleaner to get rid of temp and stuff or just look up online how to get rid of temp yourself or in worst case get a new windows install
running out of disk space
Thank you for the replies, I will try to free up some space and do what you suggested, if it works I will report back. Will probably order a SSD anyways in the end, it's about time.

Reactions: Dexxly_uk