Really slow boot up times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost_1080p

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
Ok so when i upgraded from Windows 10 my boot time was 23 seconds so that was fast, but after downloading the new nvidia driver for my GTX 970 my boot time is now really slow, i just turned on my PC right now and got my phone to see how fast it boots up and it booted up in 1 minute and 50 seconds and im like wtf why is it so slow and when i turn off my PC it usally takes 10 seconds but now its 20 seconds to turn it off. I want to know whats up with my PC and is anyone else experiencing this ?

Solution
There seems to be multiple applications installed on your PC and running all at once in the background. This is a very common problem for a slow startup PC or shut down.

Please try the following;

- Open the "Run..." window by pressing the Windows key + "R" simultaneously. Type in " msconfig " (with no quotation marks) and press Enter.
- Select the " Services " tab.
- Check " Hide all Microsoft Services"
- Uncheck all Nvidia services (these are safe to disable and this will not uninstall or corrupt your video card)
- Uncheck other services you do not wish to run in the background during the startup of your Windows 10. I would suggest to disable some minor applications such as Adobe services, but then again this depends on your...

Slashgeek

Admirable
There seems to be multiple applications installed on your PC and running all at once in the background. This is a very common problem for a slow startup PC or shut down.

Please try the following;

- Open the "Run..." window by pressing the Windows key + "R" simultaneously. Type in " msconfig " (with no quotation marks) and press Enter.
- Select the " Services " tab.
- Check " Hide all Microsoft Services"
- Uncheck all Nvidia services (these are safe to disable and this will not uninstall or corrupt your video card)
- Uncheck other services you do not wish to run in the background during the startup of your Windows 10. I would suggest to disable some minor applications such as Adobe services, but then again this depends on your preferences and on the applications installed on your PC.
- Proceed to the next tab, " Startup ". Then click on "Open task manager".
- Select " Startup " tab.
- Same process, you may select which applications you wish to run on startup of your Windows 10. Simply select one of your applications that are listed and click on the lower right, " Disable ".

You may now close the Task Manager, do not forget to click on " Apply " and " Ok " in the msconfig window. A prompt message will appear, prompting you to restart your PC. Your changes will only take effect once you restart your PC.
This will help improve the startup time and shutdown time.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.