[SOLVED] Really strange pc problems.

Oct 6, 2020
Okay this is my first time posting here. I purchased a new pc it was around 2-3 months ago. I have a kllisre motherboard x79 16 gigs ram and E5 2640 which I got for around 120$. I have a old case and a psu which came with the case. It was working fine till this week. Since a week whenever I turn it on I can only see power LED and power comes to front usb panel all fans work but no display output and also there is no power to back usb panel. So after restarting 2-3 times it will turn on. But now I get WHEA UNEXPECTED ERROR blue screens while gaming or browsing web. I think it's a failing psu and also my harddisk is slow sometimes it takes 10 second to open a folder. I have a crucial mx500 ssd which is fine and a GTX 1050TI 4 gigs. Thank you.

Solution
It came with the case. It is i ball zps 281. My memory sticks are fine I ran windows mem diagnostic which gave no error. But if you suggest I will try it tomorrow.

Woah... that PSU definitely sits in the garbage tier of quality.
It's a 132W PSU essentially of horrid quality. I'm actually surprised that the system even runs with it.

The PSU might certainly be the major issue here and I'll advise you to change it to atleast a 450W decent quality unit.
Oct 6, 2020
Make and model of your PSU?
Have you tried to run your computer with a single memory module? If you didn't, try each of them separately.
It came with the case. It is i ball zps 281. My memory sticks are fine I ran windows mem diagnostic which gave no error. But if you suggest I will try it tomorrow.

It's a 132W PSU essentially of horrid quality. I'm actually surprised that the system even runs with it.

The PSU might certainly be the major issue here and I'll advise you to change it to atleast a 450W decent quality unit.

Solution
Oct 6, 2020

Will you please suggest me a good psu then because I don't know much about PSUs. Thanks.

Is Corsair VS450 good enough?. And can a psu cause hard disk problems?

Not really... is it at least the one with the grey label? It's passable for your system if it is.
Don't get me wrong it's light years better than what you have now, but still not a great quality unit.

The CX it's quite a bit better than the VS, which is their bottom of the barrel series.

EDIT: PSUs can render essentially any component to a non-working state. A really bad quality PSU(like yours) could take your whole system with it when it fails.

Last edited: