Info Really strange thing I just discovered on/about Amazon order of PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Back in May of 2019 I ordered a Thermaltake Smart Series 500W "80+ White" PSU. I got this for an inexpensive office build in this case, and have used others in the Smart Series for different builds or repairs. I have had no specific issue out of these. They come with a 5 year warranty (supposedly). Here is the weird part.

I ordered it on May 1, 2019. I was looking up the order the other day and noticed it states that I returned this unit on May 9th of the same year and was issued a refund. I purchased it alongside some inexpensive RAM and an AM4 Athlon for what was to be a Plex server. The build didn't work out, I used the RAM and the power supply in an office build, and am looking at the power supply they said I returned.
This got me a bit more curious. I looked at all the various retailers I have purchased these from to eliminate it being one of the others. I got others from Newegg, but they were different wattage and style. I have since ordered a Smart Pro model (they are the red box) which I think is Bronze rated. I have the box from that one and a note stating where I got it from (also Amazon) and there is absolutely no history at all of my buying this unit.

I would tinfoil hat say that these orders are being manipulated to avoid being able to claim the warranty period of 5 years. I have had no issue, thankfully, but sure do find this more than mysterious.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Maybe your evil twin brother tacnknup returned the empty box with a rock in it without you knowing.

In all seriousness, for warranty claims they just wan to see a receipt. I don't think for a second manufacturers are going back and seeing if you returned the item to void the warranty.

Were these all bought from Amazon direct, rather than 3rd party?

You could try Customer Service, but that's an exercise in blood pressure control that you may want to avoid. I'd rather eat bugs when the stakes are only the cost of a PSU.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yes, out of the Thermaltake Store site on and direct from Amazon. I try to avoid 3rd party sellers where I can.
I had ordered an SF750 Platinum back a few weeks before Christmas and it just never arrived. Never said delivered. I cancelled that order and got a notification from Amazon Renewed a couple of days later asking how the purchase went. Nowhere was the unit I purchased marked as used or renewed, and thought that was a bit strange as well.

For the most part my Amazon orders have always gone well enough and support on the back end with any issues has also been superlative. I cannot understand why, suddenly, this seems to be surrounding power supply orders....it is freaking weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.