Question Really strange wifi pinging.

Jul 9, 2019
Hi there. I'm facing like really cryptic problem with my wifi right now.

I have wifi adapter TL-WN823N everything worked fine untill last few days. Pretty much the problem - wifi pinging like hell every 5-6 seconds. I have tried changing channels, deleting drivers, and so on, even change router, nothing work. When I googled it I saw that its pretty common problem, BUT here is fun part.

If I delete TL wifi driver and re-install it, every single pinging problem will disapear untill restarting\rebooting my PC, after restart it would ping again untill another reistall. Before this problem appeared I pretty much retardedly deleated "my documents" folder, leaving only folders\files which cant be deleated.

Any Ideas?

Ralston18

Titan
Are you sure that the process is actual pinging and not just some application continually looking for a website/trying to phone home?

If an actual ping: how are you "seeing" the wifi pinging? What destination IP is being pinged? Any windows opening up, etc..?

Do you remember doing any downloads or seeing any updates just before the problem started?

Noted that you inadvertently deleted the "My Documents" folder. Did you, for example, try to download some "fix-it" type app to recover or restore the "My Documents" folder and its' files?

Run your AV/Anti-malware software to look for something sneaky that may have slipped in.

Use Task Manager to look in the Startup tab to determine if some strange app is being launched.

I do think that more information about the "pinging" will be helpful. Need to understand more about what is happening.,

Jul 9, 2019
Are you sure that the process is actual pinging and not just some application continually looking for a website/trying to phone home?

If an actual ping: how are you "seeing" the wifi pinging? What destination IP is being pinged? Any windows opening up, etc..?

Do you remember doing any downloads or seeing any updates just before the problem started?

Noted that you inadvertently deleted the "My Documents" folder. Did you, for example, try to download some "fix-it" type app to recover or restore the "My Documents" folder and its' files?

Run your AV/Anti-malware software to look for something sneaky that may have slipped in.

Use Task Manager to look in the Startup tab to determine if some strange app is being launched.

I do think that more information about the "pinging" will be helpful. Need to understand more about what is happening.,
Yes, problem is not cased by any aplications thats for sure, since I didnt download anything trying to fix it, only officials drivers for my adapter, from official website.

Same regarding downloads literary didnt download\install anything since.

Malware ... well could be, but it would be very surpsiced if I actually has one lol. Gonna check it. And in task manager, nothing suspicious.

Regarding how I see ping. Even in discord, I have 40 ping then after five seconds I have 2000 ping, then again 40 and so on. In games aswell, lag pattern is the same.

Ralston18

Titan
Going to backup a bit....

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" via the command prompt?

Does the following link match your adapter?

https://static.tp-link.com/1910012283_TL-WN823N_V3_UG.pdf

Have you noted if that USB wireless adapter feels warm or even hot. Check before booting up and then keep checking (do so carefully) to determine if the adapter is, indeed, getting hot. With and without Discord or gaming?

Also try a known working USB extension cable to move the wireless adapter up and away from the host computer's USB port.

Does the extension cable make a difference?

Jul 9, 2019
Sorry for a long reply. So in the end, I've ended up re-installing windows because I've tried like every single thing possible.

And after reinstalling I got same wi-fi problem, I was ready to jump off the window, but the solution was REALLY un-expected. I've started pinging Google, via CMD and I saw that everything was normal, when I've launched fire-fox just on the homepage and wi-fi immediately started to lag. I've turned off fire-fox and lags disappeared.
Launched Microsoft edge - no laggs. Launched Firefox - lags and connection problems. CMD was pinging all the time during those tests. Ended up deleating fire-fox and installing Opera, didnt get any lags since.