Really weird buzzing noise (please help)

PlushieX

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
Really weird buzzing noise from headphones.
So, I own a pair of Apple's stock headphones that came with my iPhone 5. I was listening to some relaxing tunes due to my light insomnia issues, and I became very alert of the sounds comming from the headphones. Because of that, when I turned the audio to which I had been listening off, I sensed a very silent sort of buzz or humming noise. Usualy I would just think that there is something wrong with my headphones, but then this happened: I put my finger on the increase volume button, and the buzz stopped... Turns out, if I touch with just the tip of my finger any part of the iPhone except the entire front and the 2 (coloured or coated or whatever you preffer to call them) black lines at the very top and bottom of the back side of the phone, the buzz stops instantly. This is really weird to me, as I don't have a clue why this is happening, but I'm eager to find out. Lucky for me, the great Interwebs have been around for quite a while now, so I am able to ask all of you fellow tech enthusiasts for help.
My main question is:
Why does this happen?
Secondary questions:
How to stop it?

I believe this issue to be quite a challenge to all of you tech experts, as I wasn't able to find anything about it on the internet, but I still believe that there is nothing that the many geniuses on Tom's Hardware can't overcome.
Thank you, sincerely, for your time and effort.

P.S. Sorry for my poor
English, not my native language and sorry for my bad response rate in the upcoming week (I am on vacation, so I won't be able to check the thread so often).

Solution
It sounds like a grounding issue (and you act as the ground when you touch any conductive part of the phone).
The first thing I'd rule out is the headphones by trying a different pair, or trying them on another phone. It's likely the negative/ground wire in the headset or jack is going bad.
It sounds like a grounding issue (and you act as the ground when you touch any conductive part of the phone).
The first thing I'd rule out is the headphones by trying a different pair, or trying them on another phone. It's likely the negative/ground wire in the headset or jack is going bad.

Solution