Really weird issue on boot

undr458

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
So, I'm not entirely sure that this is a windows 7 problem...but I don't know where else to put it...it's a strange problem lol.

My computer sits inside an HAF 922 case, plenty of airflow...but also a lot of dust. I took it outside the other day, opened the side of the case, cleared all the dust out of it, put the case back together and hooked it back up. When I booted it, it would just stay at the motherboard boot screen. I found out that by removing my usb-keyboard the computer would boot fine, then I simply plugged it back up once the OS was loaded and everything worked fine. However as long as my keyboard is plugged in, I cannot restart my computer properly unless I pull it out. It doesn't seem to matter which usb port I use either.

I have never had this problem before and I find it strange that it suddenly started happening after I dusted it out.

Any ideas about why this is happening or how I can fix it?

Thanks for your help! :)

skaz

Distinguished
That is weird. I had an Asus board that randomly started doing that after I had swapped some parts and moved the case around. I think if I remember correctly I opened it up and re-seated all the components and it fixed the problem. Never was sure what the exact problem was though. But you could give it a try.