Question Really weird problems happening to my PC ..!

Jun 1, 2019
Okay, I'll start off by letting you guys know that I have really weird problems happening after upgrading new parts in my PC (Screen tearing and stuttering in every SINGLE games).

I've built my one and only computer in late 2015, my specs were :
MSI GTX 970 4GB,
i7 4790k,
DDR3 G Skill 1866 4x4,
Asus Rog Maximus VII Hero,
Windows 10 Home,
Corsair H100i,
Corsair HX Series 850W.

In march this year, I was thinking that it was time for me to upgrade my GPU so I decided to get myself a MSI GTX 1080ti from Ebay, it was a used one but this is not the point, installed it and it ran smoother than ever
on the monitor I bought 2 years ago (Acer Predator 27'' 1440p 144hz G sync), only thing that bugged me is there was a little bit of bottleneck because of my 4790k in some games, which I got tired reeeeeally quick.

In the end of May, I went on Newegg and purchased new parts to pair my GPU, a brand new Mobo, CPU and Rams :
GIGABYTE z390 Aorus Master,
i9 9900k,
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16 DDR4 3200,
And I also upgraded my Windows Home for Pro since I had a copy here laying on my shelf.

I had to take my computer to a technician to install my parts since I was working my ass off and couldn't do it myself due to time lacking, after a few days he called me back and told me he was done with my PC so
I brought it back home and installed a few games off steam and it was not smooth anymore, I could really see the difference from before, screen tearing to stuttering all around the screen.. I made sure G sync and 144hz was enabled which it was, at first
I restarted my PC and tried again but nope, didn't do much.

Here is what I tried,

Re-seating RAM and GPU,
Installed my GTX 970 back in,
Re-installed Windows multiple time,
Uninstalling Drivers using DDU and re-installing them,
Installing Mobo drivers,
Flashing my mobo from F7 to F8,
Installed games in different HDD,
Tried PC on TV using HDMI,
and there's probably much more I just can't remember so I decided to bring back my PC to the technician and told him that there must be something wrong with one of the parts that he installed, I told him to put back my old Mobo, CPU and RAM back in so
I could really see if there's a problem. Went back home with my computer and tested it with my old parts and still didn't work, same thing on my screen while playing games even with my old parts like how? It was working great before? What happened during the installation
that makes my old and new parts act like this?

I brought my PC to another technician just to get told that I had to use Vsync to eliminate the horizontal line in my screen which worked but I tried to explain to him that I've always used G sync and V sync off without any screen tearing.
Back home, I've tested Far Cry : New Dawn for a little bit with V sync + G sync on and I've noticed major stutter, it's like my FPS is high but feels like i'm playing at around 40-50 fps and it dips down which is so unplayable.. At first I thought G sync wasn't working but then I tried without G sync
and it's just worst, but with G sync there's still stuttering, I am using a DP cable, the one that came with the monitor when I bought it.

PS: only possibilities that I think it would cause this is my PSU, it's making a buzzing sound (electrical) while gaming only, but it's been like that before the technician installed my new parts and the technician told me that either the PSU works or doesn't work at all and it wouldn't be the issue,
the other possibility would be windows pro since I upgraded to home but I really think it shouldn't be the problem.

(My GPU and CPU temps are low, i'll upload a video)

Please guys I really really need your help, I am getting so desperate and it's not even a joke..!

Last edited: