[SOLVED] Really wierd problem when starting my PC

Feb 16, 2021
Hi everyone,
the beginning of 2019 when I bought a brand new computer. The computer had a GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and a 250GB SSD and a 1TB HDD disk. The computer was really good in my opinion and there wasn't a problem with it until the beginning of this year... and the wierd thing about it is that it happend just over a night. Let me explain for ya'll.

At the beginning of January my computer started to get some problem. I remember that it was an evening, I've been at work and just got home, made som food and started my computer. The first thing I realized is that after I've entered my password it took about 15 - 30 seconds for the computer to get logged in and I could finally see my homescreen. I'm btw on Windows 10 20H2. I found that quite wierd since my computer always got logged in the second I hit ENTER after entering my password. Well, I waited the 15 - 30 seconds and the next problem appeard. My taskbar didn't load/work for some reason. The only thing my taskbar showed was the Windows 10 logo at the left bottom and the date & time to the right at the bottom, that's the only thing my taskbar showed and nothing happend when I clicked at it. The wierd thing is that I could click all the programs that appeared on my screen, the ones that i did not have pinned to the taskbar but the ones that was floating around on my background picture (I hope you understand what i mean) and they worked perfectly fine, the second I clicked on Firefox for example it started and I could start browsing but the taskbar was still broken, it didn't work - Until like 4 to 5 minutes later, then the taskbar suddenly started showing all the apps and <Mod Edit> that should be on the taskbar and the computer started to work as normal again. Well, I got used to wait like 5 minutes for the computer to fully load and start until the beginning of February when I "sold" the computer and got some money for it to buy a new one.

So today, my brand new computer with a RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 7 3900X 32GB of RAM and a 1000GB SSD arrived. I plugged it in and the same <Mod Edit> is happening again!? It takes like 20 seconds for the computer to get logged in after typing my password and hitting ENTER but now, everything on the taskbar that should appear on a Windows 10 OS appears but still, when I try to click anything from the Windows 10 logo to the time and date to the little icon that appears when your connected to the internet, nothing works... But I can sure as hell open Firefox since the program isn't pinned at the taskbar. How can this happen and what's the reason behind it? I've never heard of this problem before and i don't know whats causing it.
I did realize that my internet cable is a bit broke but can it really be that? A bit broken internet cable that causing my PC to be really damn slow?

Please I would really appreciate if someone helped and if you, the one that reading this don't know maybe you have a friend that does or is good at computers.
Sorry if there is some words spelled wrong and if you don't understand something, please ask me what I mean and I'll try to explain it in a different way!
It really sucks that this happend to such a new a expensive machine.

Kind regard,
C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Well, it bothers me a lot! I mean, my new computer should be fast as hell. It shouldn't take 30 seconds for it to just login after I've entered my password. Plus, the taskbar doesn't work properly until like 5 minutes later. I don't wanna wait that long for my computer to be "fully loaded". Right now the computer act like it's 20 years old.

Okay so if this happens every time you boot ?

I can't think of any reason why this would be the case.
Is windows installed on your SSD?
Do you have any hard drives?
Was windows installed on your ssd on your previous PC?

Go to settings and check your startup apps.
Uncheck the apps you don't want to turn on at startup.
And also, open task manager right after you're on your desktop...

sds20020024

Reputable
Jan 23, 2019
Lol it's an entirely different computer.
Slightly broken ethernet cables don't cause things like that.
I have this kind of problem too.

I think it's a windows bug.
I'm on 20H2 too.

It's nothing to get worried about imo.
If you're getting suspicious and would like to sleep a little better at night, I'd say download Malwarebytes and do a full system scan just because.

Windows defender would work too I guess.

Feb 16, 2021
Lol it's an entirely different computer.
Slightly broken ethernet cables don't cause things like that.
I have this kind of problem too.

I think it's a windows bug.
I'm on 20H2 too.

It's nothing to get worried about imo.
If you're getting suspicious and would like to sleep a little better at night, I'd say download Malwarebytes and do a full system scan just because.

Windows defender would work too I guess.
Well, it bothers me a lot! I mean, my new computer should be fast as hell. It shouldn't take 30 seconds for it to just login after I've entered my password. Plus, the taskbar doesn't work properly until like 5 minutes later. I don't wanna wait that long for my computer to be "fully loaded". Right now the computer act like it's 20 years old.

sds20020024

Reputable
Jan 23, 2019

And also, open task manager right after you're on your desktop and monitor your disk usage right after you boot.

Monitor the processes that are running, and if system resource usage is very high.

And run that full system scan.

Also, go to control panel power options and check if fast startup is enabled.

And if none of this solves your problem or tells you what's causing it, maybe try reinstalling windows.

Check if you have an OEM license or a retail license for windows.
Link your license to your microsoft account, and then maybe reinstall windows by formatting your ssd.

Solution
Feb 16, 2021

And also, open task manager right after you're on your desktop and monitor your disk usage right after you boot.

Monitor the processes that are running, and if system resource usage is very high.

And run that full system scan.

Also, go to control panel power options and check if fast startup is enabled.

And if none of this solves your problem or tells you what's causing it, maybe try reinstalling windows.

Check if you have an OEM license or a retail license for windows.
Link your license to your microsoft account, and then maybe reinstall windows by formatting your ssd.

Yeah, it happens every time I boot up the PC.
Yes. Windows is installed on my SSD and so was the case on my previous machine.
No I don't have any hard drives. Only a 1000GB SSD.

Got it. I appreciate your answers! I'll get back later and update you.