[SOLVED] Realtec Audio Utility Link not working

mickrc3

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
Helped a friend build a new computer with MSI X570S Tomahawk MB. All went very well except only headphones or simple twin speakers on stereo 3.5mm jack work. Plugging in a five speaker and subwoofer setup with three jacks does not work. No sound at all.

Tried to load Realtec Audio Utility from website but it just links to Microsoft Store - which in turn has error "something went wrong ..." so it won't download. Tried it on his computer, on my computer, on his wife's laptop. All same error so it appears to be on either Microsoft's or Realtec's end.

Solution
Helped a friend build a new computer with MSI X570S Tomahawk MB. All went very well except only headphones or simple twin speakers on stereo 3.5mm jack work. Plugging in a five speaker and subwoofer setup with three jacks does not work. No sound at all.

Tried to load Realtec Audio Utility from website but it just links to Microsoft Store - which in turn has error "something went wrong ..." so it won't download. Tried it on his computer, on my computer, on his wife's laptop. All same error so it appears to be on either Microsoft's or Realtec's end.
Realtek basically got out of the audio utility business. The whole point of the 4080 audio chip is that its now a usb device that really doesn't require any drivers. So the driver on...

Realtek basically got out of the audio utility business. The whole point of the 4080 audio chip is that its now a usb device that really doesn't require any drivers. So the driver on the msi website is all you get. You might get a better response using the spdif or hdmi outputs for multichannel audio. Or you could search for a 3rd party audio control utility.

Solution