[SOLVED] Realtek ALC1200 vs Fiio Olympus 2 E10k

Ashik549

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
From what I've heard, Realtek ALC1200 has a really good sounding DAC. But many people says external DAC/AMP gives the best audio quality.
In my country, I have only Fiio DAC/AMPs or other budget options to choose from. So if I already have ALC1200 in my motherboard, will getting a Fiio Olympus help me to get better sounds during gaming and listening music? Or ALC1200 will give me similar sound quality?
I am also considering how much improvement will a Sound Blaster Zx will give.

anort3

Titan
I'd stick with onboard for any of that unless you need something portable. Even then the ATH headphones are easy to drive. Personally I don't like the M50X at all. The M40X is quite a bit better.

Most of the sound quality comes from the headphone. A few percent is the amp and an even smaller percent is the DAC.

anort3

Titan
But many people says external DAC/AMP gives the best audio quality.
This is true but onboard audio is pretty good and you need headphones or speakers of a certain quality level to be able to tell the difference. Audiophile sound cards are also quite good although I'd recommend Asus or the new EVGA card over a Soundblaster. Creative's drivers are terrible.

What headphones or speakers are you using this with?

Ashik549

Commendable
Nov 20, 2016
This is true but onboard audio is pretty good and you need headphones or speakers of a certain quality level to be able to tell the difference. Audiophile sound cards are also quite good although I'd recommend Asus or the new EVGA card over a Soundblaster. Creative's drivers are terrible.

What headphones or speakers are you using this with?
I'm planning to buy Audio Technica headphones (M30x, m40x or m50x) and for speakers I might choose one of these (Microlab FC362, Altec Lancing Octane 7 or Razer Leviathan) depending on my final budget.

anort3

Titan
I'd stick with onboard for any of that unless you need something portable. Even then the ATH headphones are easy to drive. Personally I don't like the M50X at all. The M40X is quite a bit better.

Most of the sound quality comes from the headphone. A few percent is the amp and an even smaller percent is the DAC.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS