Question Realtek Audio Console not differentiating between Headphones/Speakers & some options are missing ?

Oct 22, 2021
Hi!

So, on my old computer I had a problem where Realtek didn't differentiate between Headphones and Speakers. I've since built my own PC and hoped that would no longer be the case.
My hopes were misplaced. The new PC had the exact same problem. Now, usually this wouldn't be a problem, just a minor inconvenience, plug out your headphones when you want to listen to the speakers, right? Well, this "minor inconvenience" has already cost me one perfectly good set of headphones, and I fear it may cost me a second. As it turns out, ripping out your headphone jacks on a tri-weekly basis will not do wonders for their longevity.

I have an B450 Steel Legend motherboard, and Realtek Audio Drivers version 6.0.9045.1. (per the recommendations on the motherboard page).

I've done a lot of googling and found that the way the solve this issue is to check the option Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously.
However, for some reason I do not have that option. I've tried installing and re-installing multiple times to no avail.

Pictures of Realtek Console: View: https://imgur.com/a/XD7rHWn

If you need any more information, let me know.

Thanks in adavnce!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS