Realtek Audio Disable Enhancement issue

Damonvi

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
I noticed after i set all of my enhancement properties i wanted, there was a inconsistent static/cutting noise whenever any audio was playing.

i went back to the Enhancements page in my audio properties and noticed the "disable enhancements" check box kept checking and un-checking itself, with no input from mouse or keyboard.

however, this ONLY happens if i have any enhancements enabled. for instance, if i enable bass equalizer, the problem begins. strangely, if i uncheck the enhancement, the "flickering" continues unless i hit cancel and close the whole properties window.

I've installed the latest drivers for my new mobo (ASRock z170 extreme6), and i'm running windows 7 smoothly. i've installed the latest audio drivers from realtek's website, same issue.

I'm content with never applying any audio enhancers, but it's a shame to let them go to waste.

any suggestions/questions that could lead to suggestions?

Solution
Hello... You are adding a Software digital effect, that has to be CPU processed, from the audio, that was already Software processed by the CPU... the Digital audio world does NOT give Realtime results, depending on how it is programmed, the APP and CPU needs time to process the data... before using or listening to it.
The Priority of WHEN? this WORK is scheduled for the CPU, is also controlled by the OS/CPU priority list... this is latency.

1) What is your audio output settings? ( how many channels are you trying to apply this Digital effect to )

2) There are Different Realtek software APPS versions, Try a different version and see if it's a Software/effects programing problem.

3) Run this small little APP on your system, with NO...
Hello... The Realtek chip is "software" dependent, meaning it uses your CPU for the processing of the Audio and "Enhancements"... depending on the CPU, programming, bit levels and Freqs you are using, can cause real time latency and dropouts. This happens in the DAW world too, The number of VST's/Plugins added, and the amount of effects applied will/can cause Digital/Audio garbage.

Damonvi

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015

Here's the thing, it's not just an audio issue that's all the time. it's only if i enable an enhancement. my CPU is also a brand spankin' new i7-6700k that i just installed today, along with the motherboard and 16gb of 2800mhz ram. i should have barely any cpu processing issues whatsoever. and it's only after i enable a single enhancement does this start to happen.

imagine if you had the "disable audio enhancements" checkbox highlighted, and you were double tapping your spacebar every 5 or so seconds, to check and then immediately uncheck that box. that's whats happening, even when the audio preferences window is closed.

Hello... You are adding a Software digital effect, that has to be CPU processed, from the audio, that was already Software processed by the CPU... the Digital audio world does NOT give Realtime results, depending on how it is programmed, the APP and CPU needs time to process the data... before using or listening to it.
The Priority of WHEN? this WORK is scheduled for the CPU, is also controlled by the OS/CPU priority list... this is latency.

1) What is your audio output settings? ( how many channels are you trying to apply this Digital effect to )

2) There are Different Realtek software APPS versions, Try a different version and see if it's a Software/effects programing problem.

3) Run this small little APP on your system, with NO effect and then WITH the effect enabled... DPC checker.
http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml
The bottom paragraph also explains "Dropouts" in processing Digital audio... Realtek chips do not make a Good DAW... they do work great for general purpose PC audio needs.

Just as a Graphic artist needs time to Render graphic effects... So does an Audio engineer with his Software Digital effects... if you want realtime audio effects, it is best done with an External Analog or a Hardware based Digital processing unit.

Solution