Question Realtek Audio Drivers Not Showing Up Anywhere After Windows Update

Jun 23, 2022
Hey, I've been having an issue with my audio drivers after a recent windows update. My headset and mic no longer show up in playback/recording devices, and in device manager there is no realtek drivers (I've looked in hidden as well) I've tried downloading the drivers from my specific motherboard website and blue screen, i've tried downloading from realtek's website as well and it blue screens on attempt to install. I've tried adding legacy hardware of the older version and newer version i install. My motherboard is a ASUS PRIME B360M-A. My CPU is a Intel Core i7 8700, my GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB. The version of Windows 10 i am running is Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043, 1766)

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
so its not showing in Device Manager/Sound, Video & game controllers?
Or in Sound, Video & Game controller?

Microsoft rename drivers to say they are Microsoft Drivers, when they really aren't. If drivers are installed with a Windows update, their version number will be the windows update they came with.
the digital drivers are likely from Microsoft
The analog ones (which show in Sound, Video & Game controllers) are possibly from realtek.
realtek audio drivers should be part of windows

Jun 23, 2022
I Have a screenshot of my device manager but cannot post because it says its likely spam or inappropriate content, anything I can do to fix it? But to answer your question it isn't showing anywhere and there isnt any microsoft audio drivers.

Last edited: