Question Realtek Audio enhancements missing from speakers, but present in digital output.

HWresearcher

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
I'm Running an Asus TUF B550M (wifi) Zaku Edition motherboard and for some reason, I cannot get the Realtek audio enhancements to work on my speakers. The enhancement options are completely missing from the speakers' tab but can be seen in the "digital audio" device. I have a set of speakers with a lot of bass, and I would like to use the Equalizer that Realtek to reduce it. I have tried restarting, reinstalling the drivers (it fails for some reason), I have tried uninstalling and the driver just comes back on reboot. I am at a loss does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm Running an Asus TUF B550M (wifi) Zaku Edition motherboard and for some reason, I cannot get the Realtek audio enhancements to work on my speakers. The enhancement options are completely missing from the speakers' tab but can be seen in the "digital audio" device. I have a set of speakers with a lot of bass, and I would like to use the Equalizer that Realtek to reduce it. I have tried restarting, reinstalling the drivers (it fails for some reason), I have tried uninstalling and the driver just comes back on reboot. I am at a loss does anyone have any suggestions?
Which drivers ? Some have it and some don't.
You could use DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html to uninstall present drivers and replace them for MB's site. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/TUF-GAMING-B550M-WI-FI-ZAKU-II-EDITION/HelpDesk_Download/

HWresearcher

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015

dwd999

Honorable
Feb 24, 2016
Yeah, its really just a foolish design flaw that Realtek didn't consider when they wrote the driver. Usually its the opposite where the driver is designed to provide no enhancements for output to a digital output device since its designed to be a receiver which provides all of its own signal processing. But they seemed to be thinking backwards when they designed this driver and omitted enhancements for the speakers.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS