Question Realtek audio issue

Nov 10, 2022
Hi, I have an ROG Strix G531GT, I have an audio issue. I received the laptop with a speaker problem so I dont have any issue with the speaker as I will be using earphone all the time. The issue is, if I plugged in my earphone, it will be in mono. I checked all the settings for the Realtek audio, it doesnt tick anywhere as mono. And also it’s not the earphone issue, because it works fine with my pc. What I’m frustrated is if I booted on the laptop WITH the earphone plugged in, it will sound just fine. Stereo. But if I wanted to plug the earphone out and plug it in back, it will sound in mono. The only way to fix this is by restarting the laptop wih the earphone plugged in. It still frustrate me beacuse I wanted to use the built in mic but I can’t because the Realtek audio driver just set my earphone as headphone when I turned my computer on. Sorry for bad english though. Really need help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

According to Asus's specifications page;
all of them come with a single 3.5mm combo jack.

What is the make and model of your case(if you used the earphone off of the front panel)/PC/motherboard(if you used the earphone off the rear I/O panel)? Can you please state the make and model of the earphone/headphone/audio equipment used in this instance?

BIOS version for your laptop at this moment of time? What OS are you working with?

Nov 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

According to Asus's specifications page;
all of them come with a single 3.5mm combo jack.

What is the make and model of your case(if you used the earphone off of the front panel)/PC/motherboard(if you used the earphone off the rear I/O panel)? Can you please state the make and model of the earphone/headphone/audio equipment used in this instance?

BIOS version for your laptop at this moment of time? What OS are you working with?

1. I dont understand your first question
  2. JBL C150SI
  3. Version 308
  4. Windows 11 Home Single Language

Lutfij

Titan
You stated that the headphones work as they should when they were connected to your PC. Did you connect to the front panel of your case or the rear port on your motherboard? If the case, what case are you working with, since some cases have a 3.5mm combo mic/audio port while some cases have individual mic and audio out on their front panel I/O.

Nov 10, 2022
You stated that the headphones work as they should when they were connected to your PC. Did you connect to the front panel of your case or the rear port on your motherboard? If the case, what case are you working with, since some cases have a 3.5mm combo mic/audio port while some cases have individual mic and audio out on their front panel I/O.

Front panel of my case, Tecware Nova M

Nov 10, 2022
Test another set of headphones, could simply be an issue with the jack.
Oh, it has been fixed. It was simply a driver issue. (I think it has an issue with the realtek control panel). I just uninstalled the Realtek driver and tried without any driver and it is fixed. Though I’m using a microsoft driver now, basically I don’t use any driver. Unfortunately it is the only driver version that is usable but not usable :|