Realtek audio not appearing after installation

tomas.sherrington

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018
I installed the latest 64 bit windows 10 realtek hd audio driver and restarted my PC. I can't see the driver in device manager, and my microphone/speakers are still using default high definition audio device.
any help would be nice.

Also I had realtek working before, but got an ssd and booted from it so windows was wiped.

Jan 21, 2019
You have to download drivers from your motherboards manufacturer. "several sources" means several drivers and they are probably conflicting to take control of the audio device. Uninstall current drivers first before installing new ones. Also under device manager, click "show hidden devices" under view and uninstall duplicate audio devices.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Barnett
VP of Product Strategy
[don't post your company url]

tomas.sherrington

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018

I uninstalled High definition Audio device then
I installed Realtek LAN win10 64bit from here: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/P8H61-M%20LX3%20R2.0/HelpDesk_Download/
That is my motherboard, but is that the right realtek driver? I still can't see it in device manager.

The Realtek LAN driver is for the network adapter, nothing to do with audio.

The Realtek audio driver, as it's not listed in Asus Win10 drivers, will be either built-in to Windows or supplied via Windows Updates.

If there's a graphics card installed which incorporates an audio chip, do not install the card's audio drivers otherwise the cards audio output will become the default, effectively disabling the Realtek audio output.

tomas.sherrington

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018

I Have uninstalled my Nvidia Audio Drivers and I found the realtek Audio driver for my Motherboard, When I install it I can still only see High Definition Audio Device.

https://puu.sh/CBExP/c538d726e2.png

I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong. All the Microsoft ones are hidden devices, not sure what they are doing.

Also I tried disabling the High Def Audio devices and then reinstalling realtek audio, but it still doesnt appear.