Question Realtek chip set latency

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
It appears that some Realtek network adapter, and many dongles using Realtek chip sets, are having some issues. I've found that systems with camera's installed on them have a latency 100x those systems simply running a an application or task. That said, not all systems running Realtek chip sets have a camera on them and they too see this latency. My gut reaction is that its a manufacturer batch issue or perhaps a process consuming resources enough that the matter becomes visual.

I'm working to collect the exact chipset revisions but it will take some time. I'm hoping that someone here has come across this and managed to find a solution since it would be fun, or inexpensive, to start replacing 22 systems.

Colif

Win 11 Master
LAN connections can be a cause of latency. I haven't seen a connection between needing a camera and realtek connections. Many of the PC I see with dongles aren't laptops so no cameras.

Many realtek WIFI adapters use old chips. One I see a lot uses drivers from 2017 and another 2019. If they based on old chips it could just be windows has changed something and they haven't adjusted... and can't as they don't release new drivers for hardware now.

Is it WIFI or Ethernet?

AJAshinoff

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Hello and thanks for the reply.

We use mini-computers (celeton and AMD based) running linux attached to the network using ethernet POE. These systems kind of act like localized print servers only for cameras.