News Realtek Chip Shortage Is More Bad News for PC, Components Market

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Finally! :LOL:

Many years ago, I bought a Soundblaster Z to prepare my system for the Realtek Chip Shortage! :ROFLMAO:
It won't help. Motherboards mostly use Realtek chips to power their LAN, wireless connection (if any), and sound. If any of these chips are in short supply, motherboard makers are unlikely to deliver an incomplete motherboard. So in short if this is true, then you will see a knock on impact on desktop, laptop and tablets (less so on tablets).

Matt_ogu812

Honorable
Jul 14, 2017
One has to wonder W.I.G.N. did Realtek put all their eggs in one basket by not having a second sources for a 'what if' scenario like what is happening now.
Thinking that if a shortage were to occur that they would capitalize on it by just raising prices? Good times or bad times they'll still be in the money.

Reactions: customer2
Apr 20, 2021
It won't help. Motherboards mostly use Realtek chips to power their LAN, wireless connection (if any), and sound. If any of these chips are in short supply, motherboard makers are unlikely to deliver an incomplete motherboard. So in short if this is true, then you will see a knock on impact on desktop, laptop and tablets (less so on tablets).

USB sound card and WIFI adapter are here to help.

Reactions: Matt_ogu812