[SOLVED] Realtek doesn't recognize all of my jack inputs

Aug 8, 2021
Hi everyone. I'll try to keep this post short but if more informations are needed I can provide you with everything.
I have a B450 pro TUF gaming as a MoBo, and I bought a 5.1 speakers set (Trust). The thing isn't working so well and I ask for help about this.
My MoBo have onlt 3 jack inputs, that will (or should) work differently based on the Realtek settings I have on at the moment: if I keep the stereo setting, the jacks should function as: frontal, line input and microphone input, while if I keep the 5.1 settings the jacks should function as: frontal, rear, bass.
This is stated on the MoBo manual.
I have 2 different profiles from the speakers, changeable by its own remote. So I can toggle 5.1 on and off.
In one way, the speakers are NOT WORKING at all, in the other way only the frontal ones are working.
I tried to install the right Realtek drivers from the manufacturer site, I tried legacy drivers, legacy and patched drivers, and Windows default ones, nothing seems to work.
Now I noticed, from the Realtek panel, this thing: View: https://imgur.com/a/b2pVrY7

Basically the Realtek application SEEMS to not recognize the other jack inputs, and so only the frontal speakers work. I tried to move the other speakers input to THAT ONE, and they work, but only in that slot.
I need help understanding how to move on and let the speakers (that I bought with real money that can be used, not similarly to my speakers apparently) work as they should.
Thanks in advance

p.s. sorry if the screenshot is in italian and if my translation is not one of the best ones :)

Solution
Did you actually try the Windows Control Panel (not the "Settings" app)? I mean rightclick on the speaker in the tray, choose Sounds and then the Playback tab. Highlight Speakers, configure and 5.1 surround, then Test. Or in the Sound Settings app there will be a link to "Sound Control Panel" somewhere

Windows settings are really a disaster at the moment because you have to look in two places to find all of them, so sometimes it's all too easy to overlook the most obvious. You'd think the Realtek driver could override these or at least warn you, but it mostly just tells you if you've plugged something into a jack, which you already knew.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you parse a link to the speaker system that you've invested in? As for your motherboard, can you check and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Cross reference Asus's support site to see if you have BIOS updates pending. If you do have a number of BIOS updates pending update, don't jump to the latest, instead gradually work your way to the latest version./ Following that, if you're on Windows 10, you should ideally be on version 21H1. Following that you should uninstall your audio drivers(Device manger>Delete driver) and reinstall your audio drivers with the latest version from Asus's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator..

Per your motherboard's manual, page 1-7, the ports should be;
Blue - Rear Speaker Out
Pink - Bass/Center
Green/lime - Front Speaker out

Did you actually try the Windows Control Panel (not the "Settings" app)? I mean rightclick on the speaker in the tray, choose Sounds and then the Playback tab. Highlight Speakers, configure and 5.1 surround, then Test. Or in the Sound Settings app there will be a link to "Sound Control Panel" somewhere

Windows settings are really a disaster at the moment because you have to look in two places to find all of them, so sometimes it's all too easy to overlook the most obvious. You'd think the Realtek driver could override these or at least warn you, but it mostly just tells you if you've plugged something into a jack, which you already knew.

Solution