Realtek Driver issue

nicolivls

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
I have a Toshiba Satellite (L675D-S7016) Running Windows 7 (64)and recently, the thing has been telling me that the Realtek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN Network Adapter has a driver problem. I have tried to fix it twice and both times,while connected to the internet, it failed to install or it told me I already had the best one. I got both results the different times I tried. If anyone could help, possibly with a manual driver DL location it would help. or If you have any other knowledge on the issue. Perhaps uninstalling it and letting windows pick it back up again may help?.....Okay well never mind then....it seems that windows will not download drivers even if you tell it to unless automatic update is turned on. I feel rather sheepish...but thanks anyway guys. :(

G

"it seems that windows will not download drivers even if you tell it to unless automatic update is turned on" Really ?

See if there's a newer driver at the Realtek site.

nicolivls

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Yeah, I was able to just get the driver. But the deal was that I had turned off automatic updates having remembered what a pain they were with XP. Or rather, I set them to manual. in any case if either is selected, as far as I can tell, it will not DL the driver from the device manager or, if you have it, the Toshiba Devices pane. the one with the little exclamation point over the computer to tell you your PC is messed up and You need to troubleshoot? that one. But I appreciate the advice guys, but like I said I Solved the problem as I was typing in the request for help. so I figured that someone else may or may not find my mistake useful. Thanks again guys.