Question Realtek GbE latency issue on MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

Mar 22, 2020
Please forgive me if I missed any etiquette for this board, this is my first time posting

System:
Windows 10 64bit
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600 (XMP enabled)
ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super Overclocked 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan
Samsung 500GB 970 Evo NVme

Background:
Alright so this has been an issue that's been existing for maybe 5 or so days since I built my PC (despite a 2nd clean windows install and numerous driver updates). The issue itself being horrendous audio and video stutter around an hour or so after the pc has booted and persists until reboot. Not terribly consistent, but incredibly annoying during productivity or gaming

After reading multiple forums and questions similar to mine, I was recommended using LatencyMon to monitor this

My results improved considerably when I uninstalled the AMD storage controller and switched instead to the generic microsoft one (as opposed to the specific driver listed on the support page from msi) The process was storport.sys

However the next process also contributing to high latency was directx and nvlddmkm (both from nvidia) After reinstalling my video drivers (and removing them in safe mode with DDU-Display Driver Uninstaller) I happened to try disabling my LAN card and BAM all of my latency issues are solved

QUESTION:
Is there any way to fix this with a different set of drivers? I've tried two different installers from Realtek's downloads page and they both not only didn't work, but increased the latency so much that it was impossible to restart the pc, thus forcing me to power off the system.

the NIC model is Realtek 8111H as listed on MSI's specification page for the motherboard

and before anyone asks, yes I have flashed the motherboard bios and updated the latest chipset drivers

https://applescoop.com/realtek-pcie-gbe-family-controller/ ah before I forget, this guide did not help me either

Mar 22, 2020
Please forgive me if I missed any etiquette for this board, this is my first time posting

System:
Windows 10 64bit
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600 (XMP enabled)
ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super Overclocked 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan
Samsung 500GB 970 Evo NVme

Background:
Alright so this has been an issue that's been existing for maybe 5 or so days since I built my PC (despite a 2nd clean windows install and numerous driver updates). The issue itself being horrendous audio and video stutter around an hour or so after the pc has booted and persists until reboot. Not terribly consistent, but incredibly annoying during productivity or gaming

After reading multiple forums and questions similar to mine, I was recommended using LatencyMon to monitor this

My results improved considerably when I uninstalled the AMD storage controller and switched instead to the generic microsoft one (as opposed to the specific driver listed on the support page from msi) The process was storport.sys

However the next process also contributing to high latency was directx and nvlddmkm (both from nvidia) After reinstalling my video drivers (and removing them in safe mode with DDU-Display Driver Uninstaller) I happened to try disabling my LAN card and BAM all of my latency issues are solved

QUESTION:
Is there any way to fix this with a different set of drivers? I've tried two different installers from Realtek's downloads page and they both not only didn't work, but increased the latency so much that it was impossible to restart the pc, thus forcing me to power off the system.

the NIC model is Realtek 8111H as listed on MSI's specification page for the motherboard

and before anyone asks, yes I have flashed the motherboard bios and updated the latest chipset drivers

https://applescoop.com/realtek-pcie-gbe-family-controller/ ah before I forget, this guide did not help me either

Followup!

I highly recommend downloading the Realtek Ethernet Diagnostic Utility and disable both *Energy Efficient Ethernet and *Power Saving mode
UAjaTXw.png

I will follow up this post with another, but it seems to be mostly resolved
hTMuNX1.png

Please let me know if this worked for you! I will check back periodically if this issue returns

Mar 22, 2020
Watch the language
welcome to big dumb stupid hour where I used drivereasy to install the wrong sata drivers
aCCs53S.png

DO NOT install AMD Sata Controller on the am4 platform, it will Removed

Last edited by a moderator: